"Your password has expired" ..........

What a sad day yesterday, tried to bring MSE up on the lappy and get greeted with this message, so i just thought i would warn you all, - your password will expire after 4487 days!! I honestly feel heartbroken, i feel like ive had my front door key taken off me, ok ive had to give myself a shiny new "key" but its just not the same as the one that holds all your memories, the tactile, battered old worn one that nobody would ever have guessed in a million years, and now i have to remember a whole new way to "get in" and i dont like it...........

One saving grace, at least i dont seem to have lost my old version of the site........... and interesting that ive passed the 4487 days as an MSEr mark............
"It is not uncommon for slight acquaintances to get married, but a couple really have to know each other to get divorced." - Anonymous
:)

Comments

• ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,562 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Loads of airings on this latest mse non-sense.
    Expect neither response, nor apology, nor explanation. These don't happen nowadays on mse.
    On the other hand, random banning is on the increase.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• gentlepurr
    gentlepurr Posts: 4,122 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Sad world, fings aint wat they usedta be.........:cry:
    "It is not uncommon for slight acquaintances to get married, but a couple really have to know each other to get divorced." - Anonymous
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What's wrong with Board Feedback? - There have been threads on this since yesterday and an 'official' thread went live almost exactly 24hrs before this one...?
  • gentlepurr wrote: »
    Sad world, fings aint wat they usedta be.........:cry:

Ah, yes, when everything cost a penny and was made of wood.....

WR
  • Wild_Rover wrote: »
    Ah, yes, when everything cost a penny and was made of wood.....

WR
    And City bankers weren't obsessed with their own wages and bonuses while screwing everyone else over...

Wait, were they ever not about their own personal wealth?
  • gentlepurr wrote: »
    What a sad day yesterday, tried to bring MSE up on the lappy and get greeted with this message, so i just thought i would warn you all, - your password will expire after 4487 days!! I honestly feel heartbroken, i feel like ive had my front door key taken off me, ok ive had to give myself a shiny new "key" but its just not the same as the one that holds all your memories, the tactile, battered old worn one that nobody would ever have guessed in a million years, and now i have to remember a whole new way to "get in" and i dont like it...........

One saving grace, at least i dont seem to have lost my old version of the site........... and interesting that ive passed the 4487 days as an MSEr mark............
    Why did you not just use your existing password like a lot of us did?
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Mine was 4766 days .... but I just set it to the same password as it was ;)
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Mine was 464 days.
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
    Mortgage free since 2014 :)
  • gentlepurr
    gentlepurr Posts: 4,122 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Why did you not just use your existing password like a lot of us did?
    indesisiv wrote: »
    Mine was 4766 days .... but I just set it to the same password as it was ;)
    ....Because it wasnt "big" enough, ive been here so many years my password was only 5 digits........... :o but small as it was i still loved it...........
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,614 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Mine was 206 days, had to reset my password as I could not remember it.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure