VANQUIS Credit Card refuse Chargeback

Options
Would you be able to give any advise as to were to escate my claim. As I am having difficulty with my credit card provider and came across your forum online which I found very helpful regarding chargebacks and Section 75.

I think my credit card provider may be braking the law by telling me to f*ck *ff basically.

I recently ordered Christmas clothes online for myself using my AQUA MasterCard credit card. The order was for £250 and £320 using my AQUA credit card and VANQUIS credit card.

Upon receiving the products, they turned out to be not as described. The products were counterfiet and I took them to my local retail store to confirm that they were counterfeit. I even got a police report reference number in which the police told me to dispose the products.

Now, I have been forced to contact my card issuer to raise a chargeback in which they have gathered all the relevant evidence and now are telling me they are not able to support me with my claim and basically telling me to go away and pay the money outstanding crippling time with interest on top as the months drag on..

Even upon requesting to speak to management they always tell me non of the managers are available to talk with and they will send me a declaration in the post to confirm my outstanding arrears. It's like they can't be bothered.

I have read the company's terms and conditions and they are a regalated company and comply with UK laws. I just don't know we're to turn next as I am not £600 out of pocket with no products to show for.

I look forward to your advise.

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    What do the retailers where you bought the goods say?
    If the goods have not been sent back by a trackable method you stand absolutely no chance in winning.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    What store did you order from?

Why not just send them back and request a refund or have the local store provide you with a refund?
  • Leelee2819
    Options
    It was a company called DH gate.

They sell a variety of products like eBay, with individual sellers all trading.

On this occasion the products I ordered were counterfiet but I should be covered through section 75 shouldn't I?

As goods not as described...

I will attempt to request a return but I was told by the local Police authority's to dispose the goods. I am thinking abit contacting the financial osbundand also tomorrow for further update as it has been dragging on +60 days now
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Have you contacted eBay?

Was the payment made via PayPal?
  • Leelee2819
    Options
    The website was DHgate.com

It is like eBay. But it is based in China.

All customer service is Chinese.

I am going to return, contact financial osbundand and speak to Credit card's management tomorrow on dinner break
  • john1002
    john1002 Posts: 984 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you advise what each card company has said as your post is unclear in there exact wording, also were the products those prices or are there more items adding up to the figures quoted.

If they have refused your claims knowing there reason will help us point you in the right direction but if your not happy now, make formal complaints to each and be prepared once in deadlock to escalate to ombudsman.

Normally what you describe should warrant a section 75 claim, note a chargeback is only applicable to debit cards not credit cards.

John
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Leelee2819 wrote: »
    the financial osbundand
    Leelee2819 wrote: »
    financial osbundand
    (Mostly) the right letters but not necessarily in the right order! :)
    previn.png
  • Leelee2819
    Options
    Basically Aqua and VANQUIS Credit Card provider have said that the company I have ordered from there eccomerce and reviews are trustworthy.

It's like they can't be bothered. Or have forgotten the old saying "customer is king" there siding with the merchant instead of even escalating my claim. After 60 days of hold up& requesting all sorts of evidence.

When on the phone to the member's of staff they sound half asleep.

I am going to contact the Financial Obmsbudand tomorrow to file a compaint against the two company's and let them sort there policy's out.

After reading reviews of Aqua and VANQUIS Credit Card online they have the lowest ratings.

Barclaycard apear to be one of the best providers for credit card customer service.

I guess it's a case of waiting to find out now, probably going to drag on for weeks this. I will keep you posted.

I would NOT recommend Aqua or VANQUIS to anyone though! But they're not getting a penny of me until this is resolved. Worse case scenario send the products back, but sellers ignoring all emails ������
  • Leelee2819
    Options
    Also there is various products being purchased for example an order totalling £400 may be 10 Tshirts for example, regardless I am still covered. I have done my research I will pursuit this until it's resolved.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure