IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

IE Legal Total Parking Solutions

Comments

• echo6
    echo6 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Yes, thanks so I noticed, too late. That said, What's the difference? As I have a receipt that says both letters were posted at the same time on the same receipt. One has been signed for and the other is, uncertain.

If I post using certificate of posting, what is the proof that it has been delivered?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 3 January 2018 at 10:43PM
    With a cert of posting it issue deemed delivered
    With signed for untracked your post office reference proves it's not been delivered

Each letter has its own reference number when you use signed for.

Both on one "receipt" just proves the PPC never received theirs!
  • echo6
    edited 3 January 2018 at 10:58PM
    What satisfies the Court?

This is a letter addressed to a Solicitor not a PPC.

What is to say that my son ever received any PCNs prior to receiving these "NOTICE OF IMPENDING LEGAL ACTION"?

I just read my receipt and it says both "CERTIFICATE of POSTING" & "SIGNED FOR 1st"
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 3 January 2018 at 10:59PM
    echo6 wrote: »

This is a letter addressed to a Solicitor not a PPC.

What is to say that my son ever received any PCNs prior to receiving these "NOTICE OF IMPENDING LEGAL ACTION"?

This is all irrelevant stuff.

A cert of posting satisfies the court as you were advised

The courts don't send claims signed for.

The police don't send nips signed for.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 January 2018 at 11:30PM
    'Signed for' was not the right choice - we NEVER tell people to do that, as it can be refused, and/or delayed in the sorting office until such time as someone signs for it. This adds an extra layer that can be caused by the PO or external issues with getting signatures (e.g. no-one answering the door) whereas a normal letter is never dependant on a front door being opened and someone wielding a pen to sign.

A lot of solicitors I seem to recall from when I dealt with them in another job, close the office for the entire TWO WEEKS over Xmas/New Year, while they all go skiiing. So a signed-for letter just sits at the PO Sorting Office all that time. Not delivered!

Whereas a normal 1st class letter (with certificate of posting for free from any PO counter, to evidence it was posted to that postcode and when) is already there with its foot in that door, ''deemed delivered'' within 2 working days unless proved to the contrary, even if the entire staff of SolicitorsRUs are up on the piste!

The section of the Interpretation Act 1978 about deemed delivery of 'normal' post.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • echo6
    Understood, thank you.

My son will be responding, via Certificate of posting, to this second letter.

For amusement, I will still retain the receipt for the first letter.
  • echo6
    By the way, this second letter is for the 2nd PCN. Letters are identical with the exception of the dates of the alleged parking charge and the PCN reference.
  • echo6
    Third letter received today from I E Legal for the 3rd PCN.

Subtly different as the Parking Charge Time is the date captured by the ANPR of the vehicle leaving the car park 08:15, which is 15 minutes over the conditions of the permit's use (4pm-8am)
  • echo6
    I have today received a response from the Land Owner St Mowden, not entirely satisfactorily
    The car park is managed by TPS and they have responsibility for the issuing of PCN’s, unfortunately due to the Data Protection Act they are not able to divulge to me any information relating to this specific case. However, it is my understanding there is a strict procedure for the issuing of notices, therefore if it is felt they have acted inappropriately or there is doubt to validity of the notices then this needs to be addressed directly to the operator.

Any thoughts before I respond, and what I should request?
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    will get back later
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure