Compensation grey area on connecting flight LHR - Goa

Options
Hi folks..
I recently flew with Jet Airways (Indian airline) from Heathrow to Mumbai, then Mumbai to Goa.
The Heathrow - Mumbai element was delayed by 24 hours, and we have received the standard compensation that (as the airline was operating under EU regulations, even though they are not an EU based company) were obliged to give us. The knock on effect of the first flight being delayed was that we obviously missed our original connecting flight to Goa and took a much later one, I have read that there are new rules regarding internal delayed flights in India that were introduced a couple of years ago, and Jet Airways seem to be evasive of this when we put this to them. In a nutshell. Flight booked LHR- Mumbai - connect Mumbai to Goa. 24 hours late. Compensation for first flight. Have we a leg to stand on for the connecting flight?:j Thanks to anyone that can help. I'm not usually a compensation sort of person but this was a long and hard earned break, with 2 upset kid,: and the airline doesnt seem very proactive with us or even helped us much even at the airport... Iand we lost a day's holiday (first world problem I know, but..)Thanks.guys..:beer:

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    compensation is based at delay to your final destination so you have 1 claim based on delayed arrival in Goa.
    there is no claim for the second flight..
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There may be Indian regulations about internal flights, but the experts here really only know about European regulations. You might need to do some research with Google - let us know what you find.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    here is some information re the India regulations
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/wealth/personal-finance-news/what-are-your-rights-when-flying/articleshow/59080161.cms
    It covers denied boarding, cancellations and delays
    Denied Boarding compensation not applicable as you would not have been at the boarding gate for boarding
    Cancellation/delay - does not apply as the domestic flight was not cancelled or delayed
    These regulations may have helped if you arrived in Mumbai on time and all the issues were on the domestic flight but cannot see any claim under these regulations for missing the flight
  • RichHadfield
    Options
    Thank you - appreciate your response :money::T
  • RichHadfield
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    compensation is based at delay to your final destination so you have 1 claim based on delayed arrival in Goa.
    there is no claim for the second flight..

Thank you - appreciated :)
  • RichHadfield
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    There may be Indian regulations about internal flights, but the experts here really only know about European regulations. You might need to do some research with Google - let us know what you find.

Thank you - appreciated - Will let you know if I find out more :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport