Selling your soul to the devil

Comments

• Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    dontone wrote: »
    Something to do with a house fire. Shame, mind, but who thinks to take a piccy of a melted washing machine to win a prize? Its original anyway.
    Be Lucky.

She Won! :eek:
    2018 wins-12wins
  • dontone wrote: »
    Some folk are even posting their own sob stories and are asking if they can get likes too.
    I really don't know what to say.
    Be Lucky.

Somebody's a bit bitter/inappropriately sarcastic replying re the grandson who's dad died :
    " I been shot and lost both my kids and my dad I had a car crash yesterday on the ice road and now I’m in hospital with no family alive. Do I get any likes ????" :shocked: :silenced:

eta: also posted (by somebody else) "Is this a x factor audition?"
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • Possibly one of us, or just sick of it all:

"Oh here we go again with the sob stories. Pathetic. Just tag someone like this: <name> there you go, job done. If the selection is random, why do you think you have to roll out tales of woe of your deepest private lives. Do you think a) it will help you win? (er, random, NO) or b) anyone particularly cares (most probably think you've made it up anyway). However, just in case.....OMG, OMG this would be amazing to win and just at the right time since I just recently died from being hit by a meteorite, my little dog was tragically abducted by aliens and is now just a head in a jar on Alpha Centauri, and my house was eaten alive by bol weevils. My homeless family who are all suffering from wasting terminal illnesses would really be cheered up until, of course, the End of the World which will happen two weeks after the end of this competition."

In a game of spoof sob story top trumps which would win: your newt having shingles, your Dalmatian having spots
    or your house being eaten alive by bol weevils? (poor house).
    :rotfl:
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Jenna_Appleseed Posts: 4,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 29 November 2017 at 12:29AM
    Oh god, on the perfume shop's next post somebody's got a bit lost and posted "Liked and shared fabulous prize for my for me <name> "
    eta: oh and they tagged themselves.
    Next person: "It's not a give away. It's a sales add."

Two more annoyed/not taking it seriously replies (to the woman mentioning cancer and autism)
    " It makes me not so much angry but more disgusted that you think that you need to throw out your most intimate personal details to the world in order to win a competition. Have you no shame? Everyone has their troubles but I have absolutely no desire to share mine on social media, particularly for trivial ends. If you want real friends to talk to, go out and find some, because on these forums you cannot choose who sees your comments or responds to them. Some may sympathise (and believe you are telling the truth), others may not."

"My cat has a cough, I've lost my nail clippers and I lost a fiver 3 years ago. To top it off I've just ran out of my fave after shave so I need this more than you!"

-
    People have carried on replying tagging people after the company declaired it closed and announced the winner!
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Had a sob story break, & been away for a couple of days, and am now ready (somewhat) to face the advent calendar sob story bonanza that is going to be hitting us in a matter of hours*
    So do your worst, lied, loved dreamed, soup lady, the Michigan couple and the Newt/Dalmation owners. I'm ready for ya.
    Be lucky

*Btw, Where has this year gone?
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • Blueyez
    dontone wrote: »
    Had a sob story break, & been away for a couple of days, and am now ready (somewhat) to face the advent calendar sob story bonanza that is going to be hitting us in a matter of hours*
    So do your worst, lied, loved dreamed, soup lady, the Michigan couple and the Newt/Dalmation owners. I'm ready for ya.
    Be lucky

*Btw, Where has this year gone?

The year has flown by hasn't it! I'm getting old too fast. :eek: It's gonna be a real sob fest isn't it? A terrible part of me is dying to know what stories they cook up In an attempt to win something. Keyboards and coffee/tea at the ready folks, not long to go! ( just not coffee/tea on the keyboard, that would be a sob story)
    2018 wins-12wins
  • carriebradshaw
    carriebradshaw Posts: 1,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 December 2017 at 9:56AM
    I've seen a sob fest on pet prescription voting competition this month, a sick dog was entered by it's devoted owner , it didn't get anywhere near enough votes to get into the final 12 and get featured in the calendar .Dog very sadly died and owners friends messaged into the page to beg for her to be included. Obviously that wouldn't be fair, so the page posted her photo on their Facebook page as a tribute instead, making it clear she wasn't in the final 12. Underneath the photo all the friends are commenting and sobbing asking why she can't be in it etc, but one has even posted a photo of some candles for crying out loud ! It's good that they care and are supportive of their friend ,but to try and put pressure on like that is disgusting
  • Blueyez
    Spotted: The dad from the "Son married in Michigan" duo!
    2018 wins-12wins
  • taxiphil
    taxiphil Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    I had a stab at a few of the advents on FB today with typical light-hearted questions, e.g. 'tell us what you like about Christmas' or 'what you'll be doing for Christmas', etc.

Among the highlights I spotted in the comments were:

Aspergers, leukaemia, house fire, car accident, ADHD, autism (plus the obligatory 'sensory needs'), domestic violence, stillbirth, fell off scaffolding at work, harrassed by a manager at work, epilepsy.

There also seems to be a growing trend of people commenting that they've given all their previous prizes to charity and will also donate this one if they win.
  • Blueyez
    taxiphil wrote: »
    I had a stab at a few of the advents on FB today with typical light-hearted questions, e.g. 'tell us what you like about Christmas' or 'what you'll be doing for Christmas', etc.

Among the highlights I spotted in the comments were:

Aspergers, leukaemia, house fire, car accident, ADHD, autism (plus the obligatory 'sensory needs'), domestic violence, stillbirth, fell off scaffolding at work, harrassed by a manager at work, epilepsy.

There also seems to be a growing trend of people commenting that they've given all their previous prizes to charity and will also donate this one if they win.
    The charity comments annoy really annoy me. Too tight to donate something themselves?/ chances are they don't donate at all but use it as a ploy just to try and win/enjoy people knowing they are "Kind"? What happened to being humble? -it comes off as insincere. I hate it even more when they try and shame/bully companies into donating.
    2018 wins-12wins
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport