Strathpeffer Highland Hotel

Options
Anyone stayed here? Is it help yourself buffet breakfast? Are toiletries provided? Are the rooms warm? Will I need to take hot water bottle?

Comments

• Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    peewhyeff wrote: »
    Anyone stayed here? Is it help yourself buffet breakfast? Are toiletries provided? Are the rooms warm? Will I need to take hot water bottle?

You could ring them and ask. :D

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    peewhyeff wrote: »

Probably, Haven't a clue, I would hope so, I would hope so, I would hope not.
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It is a Shearings hotel i.e. bus parties is the target market.
    Cheap and cheerful. I stayed there once but never again.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • SVFM
    SVFM Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    We have stayed at this hotel a few times, on a coach trip. It is an old railway hotel with plenty of history and lovely views.
    We have always enjoyed our stays. It was a warm, comfortable, friendly clean hotel with good food. If you expect 5 star it is not the place for you, however if you want a characterful hotel, beautifully situated which is value for money then it should be o.k. We would return more regularly if it was closer to home.
  • peewhyeff
    peewhyeff Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have now returned from. our stay at this hotel. On arrival our room was freezing. The radiator was set on the off position. Turned it up to max and 2hrs later it was not much warmer. However reception provided us with an oil filled plug in radiator which made such a difference. Hotel apologised, if room not occupied for a few days it gets turned off.,.....someone should have turned it on for us. Food was wonderful, staff and service superb. Also entertainment on 3 evenings which was unexpected but great fun . Our room was lovely, beds very comfy,. Everywhere was clean. Toiletries amounted to soap only.......no shower gel etc. Lunch packs can be ordered if out for the day. Would definitely recommend this hotel though maybe not for families, the coach parties make up the majority of guests and are more mature.
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure