IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstones

Options
Hi all

I have looked in the newbies thread but cannot find the answer.

I month or so ago I received a LBC from Gladstones. I wrote back requesting further info e.g signs, height of them etc

Today I have received a letter back from Gladstones with a different reference number saying pay or we MAY take you to court.

I am slightly confused as they seem to have gone back a step (I am not complaining, but I was expecting court papers!) and have a different reference number.

(I have another PCN which I appealed with the not so independent IAS which was rejected a week or so ago but, it's a different Parking company to the one in the letters from Gladstone.)

Can anyone advise please?

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    if the ref starts with a 3 its not a "GLADSTONES" letter, its from DRP and should be IGNORED

THE CLUE IS ALSO IN THE "MAY" PART AND ALSO IF IT SAYS TO CONTACT DRP
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lioness786, is this thread related to either of your other two threads?
  • Lioness786
    Options
    The Ref begins with a 1 so is a genuine Gladstones letter. I am just very confused as previously I received a LBC, and now its a standard letter asking for payment saying they MAY take me to court - with a different reference number.

KeithP, yes, the letter is related to a previous thread. Wasn't sure if I Should I post on the one it relates to, or start a new thread - so started a new one.
  • Redx
    Options
    the rules changed last sunday on any LBC or MCOL related matters

you could write back and rebut it like any other LBC

YOU COULD USE RECENT LETTERS FROM HERE THAT INCLUDE THE NEW RULES ON LBC MATTERS, WHICH MAKES IT HARDER FOR THEM
  • Lioness786
    Options
    Its not a LBC. I already had that and wrote to them few weeks ago.

This now is a standard letter, different reference number saying we have contacted you before and asking for payment ETC ETC. Should I ignore as I have already responded to the LBC, and either wait for another LCB or court papers?

Thanks!
  • Redx
    Options
    because its a different reference number but starts with a 1, my advice stands

I would rather you sent 10 letters then miss one
  • Lioness786
    Options
    Ok, I will treat like an LBC and write to them once again. In fact, could I send them the same letter I sent previously again?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No, use the new version in the NEWBIES thread post #2. I added it yesterday, you can tell which one it is from the date of the linked thread there and the fact it talks about the new Protocol.

Hit them with it and make them now follow the new rules.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Options
    Lioness786 wrote: »
    Ok, I will treat like an LBC and write to them once again. In fact, could I send them the same letter I sent previously again?

no , that was the other point I made to you that you have ignored

the new rules started last sunday making it more difficult for these sc@mmers as they must jump through more hoops

therefore, you send the new letters which are more detailed, not the old ones

in theory , you want new LBC letters from GLADRAGS for each and any and all of the outstanding topics, so you can send the new letters back and make life much more difficult for them
  • Lioness786
    Options
    Sorry, I didn't ignore it, It just did not register even though Its in capitals.

(Baby is sick and have been up the last many night with her)

Thank you all for your help once again, It is much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure