undercharged for service

Options
Hello
When I moved in June of this year I had my Broadband & phone service transferred to my new address, and when I received my first bill at new address I was shocked to fine they were charging me under £10.00, (my bills previously were about £90)
I contacted them to ask why?, and they appeared to have no record of a phone or broadband at my address, I pointed out that I was talking to them on the phone & my broadband was working perfectly, and they said they would look into it & contact me when sorted. A few weeks went by & no reply, so I contacted them again
and went through the "they appeared to have no record of a phone or broadband at my address,"
I then received my next bill, again under £10, I contacted them yet again, the same "they appeared to have no record of a phone or broadband at my address," but they would look into it and contact me within 7 days
No contact from them, I have made two more calls about this and on the last contact I was assured that it was being sent to the highest level to be corrected and that the person I talked to would call me back promptly, I told him I had heard this all before the same promise to get it sorted but no one has bothered to call back,
He gave me his name (which I have forgotten) and said you are dealing with me now I guarantee to sort this out.
Two weeks have passed, just got a new bill under £10.
What else can I do?

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Who are They ??
  • qsk
    qsk Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Who are They ??
    Must be Santa by the sound of it.
  • paulx101
    Options
    My provider is BT
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    What does the breakdown of your bill say?

Does it mention the discounts? For example, mine says:

Special offer discount -£18.50 7 Sep - 6 Oct 17 You get your Package at a special rate. We show this on your bill by giving
    you a refund of £18.50 a month

Your special offer discount lasts for 12 months
  • paulx101
    Options
    I am just being charged for Bt sport, as I said in my first post they don't believe I have a phone line or broadband, even though I had one of their engineers install it, and I also asked them for BT hub 6 as I had BT hub 5 at my previous address and they sent one to me, then they sent me a second one, which I returned when they sent me the blue bag for returns, and I must have had six or seven phone calls with them and they just say they will look into it but nothing happens.
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,595 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Forget the address, dial 17070 & it will say "this circuit is defined as". Write the number down, phone them up and tell them you think someone else may be being billed for that number.

I had someone elses phone line attached to my house for about a week, I only found out when I started getting someone elses hospital appointment reminders. After seeing the inside of a cabinet, I am surprised they ever hook the right line up to the right house.
  • paulx101
    Options
    I phoned that no. and it came back with my telephone no.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure