IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN for Berry Head, Brixham

Comments

• redwolve378
    redwolve378 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Great, I appreciate the advice Fruitcake. Now I can sit back and not bother with any of it until I get my next correspondence from them.

I'll keep you all posted. Thanks guys.
  • RobinofLoxley
    RobinofLoxley Posts: 296 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    As already said by other members Premier Park send 'phishing' emails and letters to try and scare you into paying up or tell them who the driver was. In a week or so you will receive an email rejecting your appeal and giving you a verification code to enable you appeal to POPLA, as well as offering a further period to pay at the reduced amount.

You need to start researching other Berry Head threads and getting info together ready for your POPLA appeal, you will have 28 days to submit it from receiving your code.

What was the reason given by PP for the alleged contravention, was it an overstay or non payment?

By the way I would edit your original post by removing the last sentence on the fourth line.
  • redwolve378
    The reason was "expired or unpaid". I'm holding out until they get in touch again and see what they come up with. I will of course keep this thread going with info as it'll hopefully help others too.
    Thanks again guys.
  • redwolve378
    How do guys :)
    So, I now have my POPLA reference number. I'm going to send through post 2 above now if it's all OK?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I've only had a quick look, but your signage point is too short. There is a much better and longer one in post 3 of the NEWBIES thread. You will need to embed the images rather than link them.

I would also put the byelaws point first, and make some mention of byelaws in the appeal title to make sure the assessor sees it.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Do a search on 'Berry Head' on 'Search this forum' on MSE and on PePiPoo (or use Google search) and you'll find a good number of other cases to help you develop a decent appeal.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • How do guys :)
    So, I now have my POPLA reference number. I'm going to send through post 2 above now if it's all OK?

No need to rush, you have 28 days before your POPLA appeal has to be submitted.
    Time to do some research and construct a winning appeal.
    As already been said have a look at post #3 in the NEWBIES thread (2nd on down at top of the board) to get an idea of the POPLA appeals process. There is also an appeal template in there you could adapt for your appeal.

'Berry Head' does have some particularly useful appeal points. I won a POPLA appeal for Berry Head last year, most people have been successful but some have lost.
  • The reason was "expired or unpaid". I'm holding out until they get in touch again and see what they come up with. I will of course keep this thread going with info as it'll hopefully help others too.
    Thanks again guys.

The PCN shows 2 photos, one on entry and one on exit and they have time stamps on them.
    What was the alleged duration of the parking time (time between entry and exit) and was a ticket paid for?

It would be useful if you could put up a scan of the PCN on here, with all personal and identifying details (name, address, PCN number, VRN numbers) redacted or covered up.
  • The reason was "expired or unpaid". I'm holding out until they get in touch again and see what they come up with. I will of course keep this thread going with info as it'll hopefully help others too.
    Thanks again guys.

All they will come up with is another 'reminder' letter phishing for the drivers details or getting you to pay up.

As I said in my previous post you now have a few weeks to put a convincing POPLA appeal together.

Again, what were the timings for the parking period given on the PCN and how long was paid for. Grace periods could come into play here.
  • redwolve378
    edited 12 June 2017 at 9:05PM
    Here is a link to the first initial letter
    http://imgur.com/a/CEzbA
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income