EE refusing to reduce

Hello,

I have been an Orange/EE customer for around 13 years.

I am 18 months through a 2 year contract and my circumstances have changed and I am now struggling financially (although still paying all my bills).

I have called EE this morning and have asked if there is any way my monthly spend can be reduced (I don't used anything over the inclusive texts/date/minutes).

They have told me a flat no and have essentially told me to not pay my bill so that my account gets passed through to collections who can then look at options available to me.

This is the last thing I want to do, as am keen to not adversely effect my credit rating, having just been building this back up after discharge of a DRO a few years ago.

Can anyone offer any advice at all please on what to do or where to go from here?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Your options are above. Either continue with the contract for another 6 months or default. You could ask about buying yourself out of the contract but I doubt this will save much, if anything at this stage.

I'd suggest visiting the DFW board to see how you can cut costs to make ends meet in the short term.
  • Frozen_up_north
    Frozen_up_north Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You could look at selling the handset that presumably came as part of the contract, then see if you could pay off the contract. The amount needed to pay off 6 months of contract is often slightly less than 6 x the monthly payment, although that might be offset by an admin charge.

Yet another reason (if one were needed) to go SIM only...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure