Advice dealing with a hotel refusing free Cancellation option

Options
2»

Comments

• bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    They always have 2 options, it's a bit more expensive for the free cancellation than it is for the non cancellation option. Which is a bit of a mystery why its called a free cancelation as you are paying more but that aside check you didn't pick the cheaper option.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Might be helpful if you post your communications with them.
  • RADDERS
    RADDERS Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hubby had this with booking dot com, made a booking that could be cancelled and full amount was taken from credit card straight away.
    As the booking is not until July we checked with the hotel and if he wants to cancel he can and the money will be refunded.
    When we looked there was a small paragraph at the end of the email saying that the money would be taken immediately but he missed that, but it can still be cancelled.
  • andrewjohnlane
    Options
    Ok so I've had the confirmations sent to me by the person the reserved it and you're right it does say on the confirmation that payment will be taken before arrival despite the offer on booking.com saying it is payment on arrival and free cancellation so I guess it's not the hotels error but also advertising on booking.coms part? I have pictures/screenshots but can't see how I can attach them if it's not a URL link?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    Options
    Put a link up but change http to hxxp and people can then cut and paste it into their browser.
  • andrewjohnlane
    Options
    Sorry, I have the screen shots on my phone so I'm l not sure what I need to put into the URL that will help you to see them?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    Options
    You need to upload the pictures to a hosting site like photobucket or similar. That will then generate a URL that you can slightly amend and post here.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Change http to hxxp to get around the "new posters can't post links" restriction. Someone here will probably reply making it a clickable link. :)
  • bengal-stripe
    bengal-stripe Posts: 3,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok so I've had the confirmations sent to me by the person the reserved it......so I guess it's not the hotels error but also advertising on booking.coms part?

Most likely, the error was made by the person who did the booking on your behalf.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure