Prestige Flowers

Please do not use this on-line company Prestige Flowers. Really poor flowers - do not specify how many flowers in 'small, medium or large' bouqet and only lasted a few days. Really bad customer service. It's like they are waiting for you to complain as they have a standard patterns of replys to complains. If you need any more evidence of how bad this company is please see Facebook page "Prestige Flowers (UK) Sucks" Hope people see this before buying for mum on Mother's Day. If you have already purchased the first obsticle they put in your way is that you have 48hrs to lodge your complaint - don't waste a moment, get in there quick and don't give up. I got my money back after about 10 emails and as many hours and as many phone calls.

Comments

• RuthnJasper
    RuthnJasper Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You need to be very careful about what you put on Facebook and other social media. The company involved may sue you for slander if you're saying all sorts of scurrilous things about them, however badly you feel you were treated.
  • Thank you for the advice. How should I let other people know what experience I had to help them not get in to the situation I found myself in?
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,763 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    You can guarantee that after every Christmas / Valentines Day / Mothers day there will be posts on this board complaining about flower delivery companies.

My advice (if you really can't think of a more original present than flowers) is to suss out a good independent local florist close to the recipient and order directly from them
  • RuthnJasper
    ptapaula wrote: »
    Thank you for the advice. How should I let other people know what experience I had to help them not get in to the situation I found myself in?
    You're allowed to do that, but saying things like the company as a whole sucks or using/encouraging exaggeration about the company or its employees that strays into abuse or statements that are untrue is not allowed.
  • Thank you for your smart !!!! comments, you can keep them - "if you really can't think of a more original present than flowers"
  • ok, thank you. I did not open the facebook page - I found it & joined it. I don't feel I have exaggerated so I don't think I've opened myself up for a slander case or have been scurrilous with my experience.
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,618 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    You can guarantee that after every Christmas / Valentines Day / Mothers day there will be posts on this board complaining about flower delivery companies.

My advice (if you really can't think of a more original present than flowers) is to suss out a good independent local florist close to the recipient and order directly from them

How would someone suss out a good florist, independent or otherwise, other than through experience?
  • BJV
    BJV Posts: 2,535 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thank you for your smart !!!! comments, you can keep them - "if you really can't think of a more original present than flowers"

Wow OP. Thanks for the heads up about the company but really.

I will avoid ! ( That said I have never used an online flower company and always go for local or inter-flora)

But !!!!!!!

"Smart !!!! comments. "The poster had in a nice way I think reminded you that you have to be careful. IMO it was a nice way of making sure you did not get into trouble. No need to the backlash.
    Happiness, Health and Wealth in that order please!:A
  • RuthnJasper
    ok, thank you. I did not open the facebook page - I found it & joined it. I don't feel I have exaggerated so I don't think I've opened myself up for a slander case or have been scurrilous with my experience.

OK, grand. Sorry you had an unfortunate experience. x
  • leslieknope
    leslieknope Posts: 334 Forumite
    i have never really been impressed with the quality and price of these online flower delivery companies.

now what i do is i buy 4-5 bunches of flowers at the supermarket (sainsburys and waitrose have good bunches and 4 different types usually costs me about £25) and then rearrange them all into my own bouquet. looks lovely, you have more choice, and works out cheaper! plus i can say it was homemade so i get brownie points for effort :)

of course this isn't ideal if your recipient is far away!
    CCCC #33: £42/£240
    DFW: £4355/£4405
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family