What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 20/03

Comments

• La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi everyone :wave:

Gosh, being in the office for 10.5 hours a day is exhausting me. I'm so shattered when I get home that everything goes to pot.

All this dentist chat is reminding me I haven't been to the dentist for almost 4 years... :o Must sort that out... :think:

Tonight I made dinner and some cous cous to put with leftovers for tomorrow's lunch... Still got to make sandwiches for OH's lunch.

I had big plans to clear out the kitchen but I cba...

BTW, talking about fake aways and eating when you can't be bothered cooking.... We reached new lows last night - micro chips! :rotfl: We have been getting on quite well with the oven not working... T minus 1 month until our new kitchen is in situ... :)

I could really go straight to bed right now... Well jel of you, FVD! :D

Just need to go and change the bedding... Then I'll read my free ebook I am desperado to finish.

Catch up tomorrow mes amis!
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I'm agreed to sell 17 of my Yankee Candles for £260. I'll knock that off the debt.

Wow, I can't believe candles can cost so much :eek: Well done on the sale / debt busting, anyway :)
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!

I could really go straight to bed right now... Well jel of you, FVD! :D

Could I just rub it in and say that DSGF has just brought me up a cup of tea :A :rotfl:
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • DawnW wrote: »
    Wow, I can't believe candles can cost so much :eek: Well done on the sale / debt busting, anyway :)

Thanks Fawn. Don't really want to sell but I've got enough of them! RRP would have been over £400!
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all :hello: v quick post before I'm away up the road for a busy day. I've been up a while so already:

Cheap baked oats for breakfast
    Walked round to friends to feed her cat as she's away.
    Mince out for tea
    Washing out on airer
    Checked banking
    Will also:

Check surveys, FPL
    Snacks to work
    Work will buy lunch as two meetings in opposite directions so long day ahead
    Hot drink in car with me
    Reduce screen time tonight by doing something else
    Check annoying things list and plan what I'll do in march

Enjoy your day folks.
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all,

Been really hectic here so not much Msing going on.

Today I need to go scout around for a party dress for DD - not much in the kitty for it so will be a challenge, especially with the lack of shops in my town. DD has outgrown hers but I see it as a necessity as she has a couple of events coming up. Luckily one is at school and one is with family so she can wear the same without anyone thinking anything about it. Unfortunately her dad doesn't like spending money on clothes so I think this will be on me even though he will want to use it - frustrating as he has three times my income. Sorry, for ex rant but this does impact my budget quite a lot at times - he expects me to pay half of most things and reduces my maintenance to that effect.

Today:
    *Scout for dress.
    *All food from home.
    *Washing mountain - sunshine!
    *Work.

Hope you all have a good day and are getting some of the sunshine I have here :D
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 21 March 2017 at 10:35AM
    Morning folks

My ear infection is not better :( after feeling really well last week, it came back on Sunday and now I'm back to tiredness, heavy headed etc... back to the docs at 12:50 :(

Today's plan:
    • B/L/D from stores (except must pick up some stuffing)
    • Charge phone in work
    • Gym after work as can't now go at lunchtime
    • Crochet new commission if feel up to it
    • No alcohol
    • Likely an early night again
    • Wash an item for ebay
    • Housework list for OH
    • Washing out on line
    Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Morning - opps where has the day gone already! Day 1 of living with one car has begun! Got up this morning and took madam to cm's and oh to work. Will pick him up at 5, he'll drop me & madam at bff's as it's her birthday so we are going there for the evening. Then he'll go on to football before joining us later. Phew complicated!

Have tidied up a bit - want to do flylady (kitchen today. Oh noticed the windows in the lounge looking good after yesterday's efforts!)

called a live stock farm to see if they will give me some cow's manure to mulch & cover a 2 m x 3 m bed. It's covered with marestail so think I am going to cover it with a mulch of manure, compost & black membrane until October. Will plant squashes in there while it's doing it's magic ;)

Have also contacted a gardener we have used to get a quote for said manure as a back up ;)

called local farmer's market fishmonger to ask if I can have some polystyrene boxes so I can make my wormery. He has said I can have some :T (I'm assuming for free as no money was mentioned). Will pop into HB to see if they have coir blocks when I go to collect & if not order worms & block online. They should be here tomorrow :T

going to sow some sweetpeas - a bit late in the day! And go to the lottie for an hour or two :D

Make brownies & cheese straws when I come back

Hang out washing on the line & do another load. Bad weather last left me with a mountain! :(

cheap porridge for breakfast & last of hm soup for lunch. Getting a takeaway with bff and respective partners/husbands

Need to spend an hour reconciling accounts/spending.

Right I'd better get cracking! Happy days guys x

Carrie sorry to hear you are feeling ill again :A

angelpye good luck with the frugal hunt!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I've taken today off to take things easy and hopefully feel a bit better but the sun is shining so that's going to be difficult as the garden is beckoning!

I've done some washing up and am just sitting in bed drinking a cup of tea thinking about running a bath and then I need to pop to the shop for some sugar. I hate sugar in tea, I can barely stand milk in it but the teens use it.

I've a pile of washing that needs putting away but I'm just going to separate it into piles and the teens can do their own.

Since I'm home I'll brave the YS run tonight though I should pop in this afternoon also as the meat products seem to get snapped up at the interim price and don't always make it as far as final reductions. I need to get back into going every night as the sandwiches and pasta snacks save me a fortune on lunches for us all plus also mean less washing up than if DS starts cooking (there are pros and cons to having a son that can cook!)

I must try to remember to buy a jar of curry sauce, (Mr T own brand butter chicken is the most authentic tasting sauce I've ever bought) ready to put on a slow cooker curry tomorrow morning. I am loving my slow cooker and I have some YS turkey strips and a tray of YS med veg in the freezer.

Lunch will probably be jacket potato again, I'm addicted! The teens appear to have eaten their lunch in the middle of the night. DSGF says she has put on two stone since moving in here (I'm not sure where, she is still only a size 8/10!) so they are both trying to cut down a little but obviously not today :rotfl:
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 March 2017 at 10:32PM
    Good Morning All

Slept well and feeling a little brighter, spent time with mum this morning, was lovely and very much a "good" day. Brilliant sunshine and blue skies interrupted briefly by very heavy hailstone shower. Today's little list:

Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Check Bank - Done
    Hairdresser @ home - Done
    Declutter magazines to hairdresser - Done/COLOR]Wait for freeglers - No, didn't turn up :mad:
    Relist a few bits for sale - Done
    Continue purge on emails - Done
    Enter a few comps - Done a few
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer - Done
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL - Done
    Read (need to pick a new book from shelf) - Done

Have a great day all!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors