WREN KITCHENS - anyone else had a similar experience?

Options
We had an extremely stressful time having our wren kitchen - the list of things that went wrong is extensive... they forgot the taps and made us pay for them ourselves, they didn't communicate with the fitter and we had to do it otherwise it wouldn't have happened, the cupboards aren't bespoke like they say they are so they couldn't make one for next to our sink and so we have NO cutlery drawer! There are a number of other events that occurred too and nobody at the company responds to us despite still owing us £200 for the taps.

Wish we had listened to the reviews before we bought from this cowboy organisation!

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mhalt81 wrote: »
    We had an extremely stressful time having our wren kitchen - the list of things that went wrong is extensive... they forgot the taps and made us pay for them ourselves, they didn't communicate with the fitter and we had to do it otherwise it wouldn't have happened, the cupboards aren't bespoke like they say they are so they couldn't make one for next to our sink and so we have NO cutlery drawer! There are a number of other events that occurred too and nobody at the company responds to us despite still owing us £200 for the taps.

Wish we had listened to the reviews before we bought from this cowboy organisation!

This thread might go some way towards answering the question in your title:
  • executivesaver
    Options
    Our extremely stressful experience with Wren Kitchens has been going on for over 12 months. There is no denying the kitchen looks good. Their were issues along the way all caused by very poor customer service and constantly broken promises culminating in a court case to try and force Wren to fix the worktops not installed correctly. Quite why a company would alienate a customer over an obvious installation error is a mystery. Despite being forced to seek legal intervention instead of giving in and sorting out the worktops Wren decided to fight the court case and not approach us the customer to try and find out why we were not happy. I have a pile of emails, snail mails and a list of phone calls to several different customer service agents assigned to us all promising to send someone out to fit new edging to the worktops and after 12 months nothing has happened. The worktops are to this day held together with sellotape which is great for a £15000 kitchen. However I will continue to pursue Wren through the courts to rectify the problems with our kitchen. We have also had on going issue with the CDA american fridge freezer supplied and fitted by Wren. After just a couple of months after fitting ( July 2015 ) we had problems with the fridge freezer and despite changing it for a replacement sending and engineer out several times it the ice dispenser still does not work. Wren advised us to deal directly with CDA service because it was supposed to speed things up clearly after 12 months that didn't work.
  • Dibs_11
    Options
    We have after 3 stressful months, a Wren kitchen. Still not completely right but we are awaiting a reply to our last email. We have had problems like you wouldn't believe , even if I posted all the serious problems that have now been rectified, your eyes would be on stalks. They obviously have a problem with manufacturing, either their own or whomever. On the face of it we have a lovely looking kitchen, but wait for the sun to shine on the doors and it reveals many faults. We are awaiting an email from the area manager, who I won't name, as I am giving him reasonable time to reply.
  • cddc
    cddc Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wren are the only mainstream player in the kitchen market who try to manufacture their own doors. Sadly they are not very good at it.

Everyone else at that level of the market buy theirs in from Italy, where they have a long history of being rather better at it.
  • thescouselander
    Options
    We've got a wren kitchen and everything went through fine - we did use our own fitter though who was great and picked up a few errors made by wren at the design stage so it all got sorted before delivery.
  • JenJen86
    Options
    Has anyone had any joy with complaints? I am at wits' end. 15 weeks in and not even an apology yet.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bearing in mind that, with CNC routing machines widely available and easy to set up, I am surprised that WREN (or indeed any kitchen company) have so much trouble making doors and draws.

If they can draw it in a CAD program, then they can cut it on a router.

I think the main trouble is that their factory is too small to cope with the workload and delivery dates but they won't invest in expansion.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• westcountry_saver
    Options
    Try complaining on Facebook or Twitter, you might get a quicker response
  • cddc
    cddc Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    patman99 wrote: »
    Bearing in mind that, with CNC routing machines widely available and easy to set up, I am surprised that WREN (or indeed any kitchen company) have so much trouble making doors and draws.

If they can draw it in a CAD program, then they can cut it on a router.

I think the main trouble is that their factory is too small to cope with the workload and delivery dates but they won't invest in expansion.

The issue is not cutting them out, but the finish on them. Particularly on their painted and lacquered doors. Quality control is often non existent with some customers receiving several batches of doors before they get ones with an acceptable finish.
  • Anne_in_Scotland
    Options
    We knew we couldn't be the only ones...but to see it in writing makes me feel so much better. Damaged items, panels that keep coming even when we don't want them, protective film that won't come off, being ignored, being treated like an idiot by a cocky little upstart (or two), and (missing out all the rest) - the final of the final straws.....trying to get them to understand that to fit a door above the microwave ( was missing when the kitchen first came) it needs to be routed. Jut two wee holes for the hinge to fit. You know - like you get when you pay for a kitchen that comes with units assembled. Like all the other doors came. Not rocket science.
    Five blank panels later - the last being today - I was told that they 'could' do it but we'd need to send them the measurements! It's their bloody door.
    Bunch of !!!!!.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport