Asda home shopping - who to complain to?

Options

Comments

• Lucib_2
    Lucib_2 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I've tweeted them loads of times, they just keep telling me to call the contact centre (who are useless!) they don't actually do anything to help.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lucib wrote: »
    I've tweeted them loads of times, they just keep telling me to call the contact centre (who are useless!) they don't actually do anything to help.

Really? I had a look at their Twitter account and they are very customer focused.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Isn't their call centre in South Africa ? ie. they speak English ?
  • Lucib_2
    Options
    No there call centre is now in the Philippines, and they are awful. When they were in South Africa, I agree, they were good and actually understood the problem.

Re tweets, no help at all. They keep asking me to DM them with my details which I do, when I tell them the problem they tell me to contact the contact centre!! Useless
  • micky2phones
    Options
    Lucib wrote: »
    No there call centre is now in the Philippines, and they are awful. When they were in South Africa, I agree, they were good and actually understood the problem.

Re tweets, no help at all. They keep asking me to DM them with my details which I do, when I tell them the problem they tell me to contact the contact centre!! Useless

Hi, mine has a store phone number on the delivery note, to phone.

Or the 0800 number, the store even sent out a manager once to me to sort out my problem.
  • Lucib_2
    Options
    I spoke to the store today, they referred me back to the contact centre(!) as the store can't deal with delivery pass problems (mine was cancelled). The 0800 number is the contact centre....
    I guess it depends which area you live in as to whether the store can help you or not. I keep going round in circles! Anyway have emailed Sean Clark again, hopefully someone will respond as I've threatened to go to the retail ombudsman, but I'm not holding out much hope given that they've ignored my previous 3 emails to them.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 October 2016 at 9:52PM
    Options
    Call the number in post #7 tomorrow.

If you can, stop using Asda and go elsewhere.

Just a warning, if Asda is on the Ombudsmans system and they have refused to co operate with them in the past then they will be unable to help you.
  • Andypandyboy
    Andypandyboy Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    Options
    Try the HQ in Leeds.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Try the HQ in Leeds.

Thats a good point.

If you can get to Leeds go to the HQ and stay there until someone deals with the issues.
  • Lucib_2
    Options
    DCFC - that number is Asda House, spoken to the numerous times, each time they refer me to the contact centre in the Phillipines and tell me there is no uk based centre above the contact centre. I would stop using Asda however I have paid for a 12 month delivery pass and only used 5 months of it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure