IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Totally Confused

Options
Hello

Sorry to sound or be thick but having read the Newbie site I still have no idea which Appeal letter to use?

This is my 2nd fine (within 2 weeks of each other) and I rushed into the 1st with an appeal and still waiting to hear back, however I want to do the 2nd one correctly.

Its with Parking Eye - Parking Charge Notice - No reason for fine and they do not know the driver?

What shall I do now?

Please be gentle with me!

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You need to use the blue, BPA letter to get yourself a POPLA code - the other, It's letter is quite irrelevant

And if you still think these are fines, you should read it again, carefully!
  • greggiea
    Options
    What do you mean, if I think its a fine?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    greggiea wrote: »
    What do you mean, if I think its a fine?

are parking eye a government agency?

clue , they are a private company that has sent you a begging letter
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • greggiea
    Options
    Ah ok thanks x
  • Northlakes
    Options
    It's an invoice (not a fine) for infringing their made up rules.
    If you don't do as we say we charge you £100.

It clear to the motorist and you agree to this when reading the signs!

Yes it's unfair, but we live in a country where money rules OK.
    REVENGE IS A DISH BETTER SERVED COLD
  • DollyDee_2
    Options
    Private parking companies cannot fine you. They issue speculative invoices which you can appeal. Parkingeye are members of BPA (British Parking Assocation) AOS (Approved Operator Scheme) so send the blue template letter from the NEWBIES Sticky as your appeal as per the instructions on the PCN (Parking Charge Notice). Submit it online and take a screenshot as proof. Do not add anything to it, do not admit who was driving. Your appeal will most likely be rejected (99.9%) and you will be supplied with a POPLA Code where you submit a detailed appeal. Research recent PE appeals.

Not sure what day you have to submit your first appeal - day 25/26?

Experts on the forum will confirm.
  • DollyDee_2
    Options
    I'm on holiday and Wi-Fi is not great so I have cross-posted with several others - Sorry, I had a go.:)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    DollyDee wrote: »
    I'm on holiday and Wi-Fi is not great so I have cross-posted with several others - Sorry, I had a go.:)

You ought to try [STRIKE]dial-up[/STRIKE] broadband over in Umkomaas!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • greggiea
    Options
    I have received a response to the 1st Appeal I did to them (I used the forum Blue template)

I have received a Parking Charge Notice Reminder saying I have until Monday to pay the reduced fee of £60 or it goes to £100.

At the bottom of the fine it states that on 4th November 2015 the Supreme Court dismissed the further appeal lodged by Beavid UKSC 67. It states the Supreme Court awarded Parking eye their owed fine?

What do I do now?

Thanks
  • LoveNorfolk
    Options
    I had the same with one my parents had, they have 35 days to give a accept or reject on an appeal. PE didn't give a reply so I complained to the BPA (See thread by me - Parking Eye confused, you can find it by clicking my name, statistics, threads by me - for more info), the BPA finally said in an email that PE had rejected the appeal and were issuing a PoPLA code, over a week now and we still don't even had that. Have you had a begging letter from PE asking you to name the driver? They try to use that as an excuse to drag out the appeal. Still don't pay it, I'd complain to the BPA and send PE a nice email denying the debt and asking for the appeal result thank you very much.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure