Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• spidystrider
    Options
    We have a TSB Classic Plus joint account and I have just opened up one in my name. Can I transfer the £500 from the joint account to my one or does it have to come from another bank?
    Mortgage Free in 3-T2 : Started at £151,000 Nov. 2009 Mortgage Free Oct 1st 2015 :)
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    I know SportsAid Regular Save is a branch application.

Just wonder if anyone has tried to open it by post by downloading the application form, completed and send together with cheque and it is accepted ??

It was only launched today so doubt anyone has had chance.....but previous Notts RS have been listed on the front page on this thread and annoated with something along the lines of 'several forumites have reported postal applications to branches being rejected'.

I'd therefore suggest its a waste of a stamp.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We have a TSB Classic Plus joint account and I have just opened up one in my name. Can I transfer the £500 from the joint account to my one or does it have to come from another bank?

You could do it from one of your TSB account.
  • Roland_Flagg
    Options
    I've just noticed that Leeds Reg Saver issue 4 has a max limit of £6k to get the best interest rate.

Can anyone remember if Issue 3 had a similar T&C?
  • apt
    apt Posts: 3,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No, the only limit for issue 3 is £250 per month, but Leeds has closed regular savers in the past even though there was no limit in the T&Cs.
  • CRAIGSVILLE
    Options
    Hi,

I have a few regular savers coming to their 12 month maturity shortly - HSBC/M+S/FD 6%
    After the 12 months is up + the money is in a different lower savings account, is it then ok to open another 6% 12 month saver with the same bank?
    Just trying to decide what to do next

Thanks

Craig
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

I have a few regular savers coming to their 12 month maturity shortly - HSBC/M+S/FD 6%
    After the 12 months is up + the money is in a different lower savings account, is it then ok to open another 6% 12 month saver with the same bank?
    Just trying to decide what to do next

Thanks

Craig

You need to see if it's available first!
  • johnmoney05
    Options
    I've just noticed that Leeds Reg Saver issue 4 has a max limit of £6k to get the best interest rate.

Can anyone remember if Issue 3 had a similar T&C?

The maximum investment and operating balance is £1,000,000 (£1,000,000 for joint accounts). Although it is unlikely to reach the limit.
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 September 2016 at 4:17PM
    Options
    That is the normal way of operating these sort of accounts. However, as schiff said, 6% may not be available when you come to open a new one.
    Read the T&Cs of each individual account to be sure you still qualify.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • CRAIGSVILLE
    Options
    Thanks for that guys :-)

I will check. I have a maturing TSB one aswell, but that is 2% for a new one now, so defo going to stick that monthly saving towards the mortgage instead

Cheers

Craig
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family