PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 4 September 2016

Options
13»

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,094 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Did the Cost*o shopping alone as Mum wasn't grand, at least she's now got enough in for ages. Sorted out her ipad and her TV, think she clicks or presses buttons at random and it all goes wrong!

Long long drive home as the police closed the A82 at Clydebank - cue a huge tailback of cars. If there had been a warning sign earlier most would have chosen a different route! I managed to get off and drive through unknown territory in yet another, but moving, tailback. I found my way to Dumbarton :j but my joy was short-lived as there was another huge queue at the flying geese roundabout with cars waiting to get into Balloch - luckily I wasn't going that way!

It's a lovely sunny evening here, perhaps the last one this summer.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Quick post from me then I shall watch the footie.Had a lovely greek meze out last night with our friends and reasonable cost especially as they picked us up and drove us home again :TTea tonight is some chicken kebabs picked up in lidl this afternoon,& Delias roasted tomatoes which are in the oven but think DH will cook the kebabs on the gas BBQ,but its too blooming chilly to sit out.

Oh how I wish I'd sat down with my Gran and put names to the photos in an album she inherited from her mother,all stiff and starchy Victorians in their best clothes and I havent a clue who any of them are :(.Also being interested in family history its so frustrating.I do have photos of 2 GGrandmothers on my mums side.
    Lainey I'm glad it is helping your DMum to cope by sorting things out.

Tru,I feel sorry for these pooches sometimes.I dont know why she is so nervous,we've had her from being a small pup( well relatively :D) saw both parents and she has a good life,been to training classes etc.... unlike Scampi being a rescue when you probably didnt know much about his backgroung/treatment.We'll keep plodding on eh ?

Good luck to all those starting new schools/uni etc( including my gorgeous DGD who is looking forward to being a schoolgirl on Wednesday :grinheart:heartsmil)
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Most of the family came round for lunch which was lovely. Middle dd was complaining about her gas and electricity prices so between older DD and her husband and me and MSE we got her transferred to a different provider with a saving of £200 or more a year. We also found a better cash isa and helped her transfer it over.

They have all gone now with either half a homemade loaf or some frozen portions of home made dinners.

Just about to load the dishwasher and tidy the kitchen but have found a sci fi film on tv so enjoying myself for a while.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've had a lovely day at the sky ride, very busy though. So good to see so many families out on their bikes enjoying the day. Weather was great, just a shower as we were leaving.

Got home and took in the washing - made the bed up, put everything away and had a shower. Just had lo curry for dinner and now relaxing. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure