MSE News: Ryanair faces legal action for wrongly rejecting flight delay claims

Options
The CAA says Ryanair has been wrongly rejecting flight delay and cancellation compensation claims...
Read the full story:

Ryanair faces legal action for wrongly rejecting flight delay claims

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• MoneySavingNovice
    Options
    The CAA will now consult with the budget airline and could ask it to sign a legally binding document agreeing to comply with the law.
    This is the bit I don't understand. Why would the CAA need an agreement [FONT=&quot][/FONT] that Ryainair needs to comply with the law? The law is already legally binding what would a further agreement give them?
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    Totally irrelevant, issue the NBA then commence Court proceedings, all the regulars have very strong views on how thoroughly unhelpful the CAA have been, too little and far too late to be the passengers friend I'm afraid.

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I feel a bit sorry for Ryanair (only a bit): it's hardly like we're unique in the industry in failing to apply the regulation properly. What about the others, peddling the hidden manufacturing defect nonsense? Don't they get censured too?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    I feel a bit sorry for Ryanair (only a bit): it's hardly like we're unique in the industry in failing to apply the regulation properly. What about the others, peddling the hidden manufacturing defect nonsense? Don't they get censured too?
    Softy....:cool:
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Now we have the ECJ ruling is there anywhere for the airlines to go. I know Ryanair are seeking leave to appeal the judgment regarding the 2 year rule. But are there anymore stayed cases or is this it?
  • Dr_Watson
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Softy....:cool:

Agreed JP, or to us here up North shouldn't that be 'Southern Softy'
    :rotfl:;)
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure