Wedding Diet

Options
Would anyone like to join me?

I'm getting married in May 2016 and I'd like to loose 2 stone before then.

Comments

• Jellybelly25
    Options
    Yes please :)

1.5 stone to lose before April 2016:j
  • DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There's a lose weight thread on another board if you need some more encouragement :) - not to detract from this one.
  • Sleepy_Hollow
    Options
    Also have 1.5 stone to lose before April 2016! Have lost a stone since January this year, slow going...
  • sl_jones
    sl_jones Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also have a wedding in April 2016 i want to loose weight for!

Anyone got any diets they can suggest? Some of people i work with are doing the egg diet but i don't really like eggs that much. I have also joined a gym that only costs me £20 a month!

Has anyone gone for their first dress fitting yet as i am worried about loosing too much weight and having to get the dress altered loads. I was wondering if it's easier to try and get to a slightly smaller weight then maintain it or just go for it.

Trying to loose 1 stone :j
  • Sleepy_Hollow
    Options
    I am trying WW online. I found a code to get 3 months for £20ish.

It's been 6ish weeks and I've lost just under 4lbs (but I did put on a couple during a week's holiday while it was my other half's birthday).

I think you're supposed to lose 2lbs a week, but that's not happened for me. The most I've lost in a week so far is 1.8lbs, but for some of the time it was only .2lbs.

I'm not really exercising at the moment though, so that may help.
  • xxlouisexx56
    xxlouisexx56 Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I was thinking of counting calories. Maybe 1600 a day.

But summer holidays are coming up and that means lots of trips out, 2 holidays and lots of ice cream!
  • inkie
    inkie Posts: 2,609 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I will be watching this thread. My daughter has got engaged this week, and I have a serious amount of weight to loose - about 6 stone and I am determined not to look hefty on the wedding photos.
    On holiday at the moment, but when back my 'shedding for the wedding' campaign will begin in earnest. :)
  • no.1swimmum
    no.1swimmum Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    no special occassion to lose it for but trying hard to lose weight, but really difficult with an underactive thyroid. I have tried lots of different things but at the moment I am reducing my carb intake (not cutting it out completely but reducing it) I don't eat much bread but was having weetabix or porridge with raspberries, jacket potato for lunch and an evening meal. just over 2 weeks ago I changed this to a bowl of fresh fruit (e.g. pineapple, strawberries,and banana with maybe a spoon ful of low fat natural yoghurt or fromage frais, grapefruit at breaktime at work, salad with grilled chicken or egg for lunch followed by another bowl of fresh fruit and an ordinary meal in the evening - so far I have lost 1/2 a stone, but on the plus side I have not felt hungry at all. The hard bit will be when we break for summer holidays on Tuesday - 6 weeks at home, with two teenage sons wanting to eat all the time will be hard, but I might try swimming a couple of mornings a week in the new local pool and see if that helps.
    Good luck to every one with there weight loss.
    Fibro-Warrior
  • Sleepy_Hollow
    Options
    I am trying WW online. I found a code to get 3 months for £20ish.

It's been 6ish weeks and I've lost just under 4lbs (but I did put on a couple during a week's holiday while it was my other half's birthday).

I think you're supposed to lose 2lbs a week, but that's not happened for me. The most I've lost in a week so far is 1.8lbs, but for some of the time it was only .2lbs.

I'm not really exercising at the moment though, so that may help.

Since posting this, almost a month ago I am still the same. I lost a couple of lbs and have put them on again.

I think I may try Slimming World instead.

In a couple of weeks I'll have been on WW for 3 months and still only lost 4lbs. I don't think it's for me...
  • xxlouisexx56
    xxlouisexx56 Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Since posting this, almost a month ago I am still the same. I lost a couple of lbs and have put them on again.

I think I may try Slimming World instead.

In a couple of weeks I'll have been on WW for 3 months and still only lost 4lbs. I don't think it's for me...

2 of my in laws have lost 5 stone this past year, using my fitness pal and calorie counting x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure