MSE News: Judges back passengers in flight delays appeal

Passengers in England and Wales can claim compensation for flight delays and cancellations from more than two years ago...
Read the full story:

Judges back passengers in flight delays appeal
OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• menhur
    menhur Posts: 1 Newbie
    so where does this leave people like myself that have tried to claim for travel delays from 7 years ago? Your info says anything back to 2005 could be possible!
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,525
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    menhur wrote: »
    so where does this leave people like myself that have tried to claim for travel delays from 7 years ago? Your info says anything back to 2005 could be possible!

you can claim from the airline back to 2005 however when they ignore you or reject your claim that is the end of it as you are unable to take it to court outside the 6 years (England/Wales) or 5 years Scotland.
    I would expect 100% of claims over 6 years old to airlines being rejected
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The only other chance you've got, which is stretching it a bit circumstances wise, is to file via a Spanish Court, where the time limitation is 10 years.
  • I had a 4+ hour delay by thomsons airlines in Dec 2010. I have been declined by the airway because over two years and have been in touch with CAA and thomsons have said the same thing to them. I have kept all paper work. What do you advise considering this new hearing ?
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    wirralmaz wrote: »
    I had a 4+ hour delay by thomsons airlines in Dec 2010. I have been declined by the airway because over two years and have been in touch with CAA and thomsons have said the same thing to them. I have kept all paper work. What do you advise considering this new hearing ?

This post should be on Thomson thread however advise is to take Thomsons to court either under your own steam or use a NWNF.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure