The Great Hunt: What are your MoneySaving ways to stop snoring?

What are your MoneySaving ways to stop snoring?

Snoring can be troublesome for you even if you don't snore yourself! Sleep deprivation's not good if you're working, and smothering your partner with a pillow isn't an option... So we'd like your top MoneySaving tips on ways to tackle the problem.

Click reply below to share your tips. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide..

View all past Great Hunts.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• cupboardie
    cupboardie Posts: 104
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Secure a tennis ball or similar to your back so it's impossible to accidently roll over onto your back in your sleep.
  • Anneg
    Anneg Posts: 34 Forumite
    This doesn't work. My husband snores as much when he is on his side as he does on his back!
  • hullight
    hullight Posts: 524 Forumite
    Sometimes just losing weight can help prevent snoring. Snoring, especially where breathing is interrupted, can cause tiredness during the day or it could indicate a serious condition.
  • thebigbosh
    thebigbosh Posts: 298
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I think I saw on a Pen and Teller show once that learning to play the didgeridoo can help. Actually just googled it and perhaps it does?

http://www.laoutback.com/Didgeridoo_and_Sleep_Apnea_s/42.htm

By the way, that was the first site that came up. I'm not promoting this, only referencing.
    School is important, but Rugby is importanter.
  • Hello

Not really a moneysaving solution but, I was diagnosed with sleep apnoea a year ago. I was given a breathing macine to use at night. Before I was alegendary snorer, since using it it has stopped completely. Much to the relief of my other half.
  • norfolkmum
    norfolkmum Posts: 21
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello

Not really a moneysaving solution but, I was diagnosed with sleep apnoea a year ago. I was given a breathing macine to use at night. Before I was alegendary snorer, since using it it has stopped completely. Much to the relief of my other half.

My husband was also diagnosed with sleep apnoea and now has a machine. Brilliant, saved our marriage or his life, one of them would have gone! :)
  • good_advice
    good_advice Posts: 2,653
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee! Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Sleep in separate rooms?

I tried ordering the Tesco anti snore pillow - it did not work.
    The secret to success is making very small, yet constant changes.:)
  • Denando
    Denando Posts: 103
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    "smothering your partner with a pillow isn't an option..."

It isn't???? Damnit!
  • chris3cm
    chris3cm Posts: 5 Forumite
    norfolkmum wrote: »
    My husband was also diagnosed with sleep apnoea and now has a machine. Brilliant, saved our marriage or his life, one of them would have gone! :)

I'll second that!
  • tinder
    tinder Posts: 1 Newbie
    Get yourself a Mandibular Advancement Device, look it up on the net, for about £25 for the basic and £120 for a fitted one. Used the basic for 4 years, worked well, just got a fitted unit, slightly better fit.
    This has been the only thing that has worked for me bar surgery!!
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport