We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The Great 'joining clubs for discounts' Hunt Revisited

Options
Former_MSE_Debs
Former_MSE_Debs Posts: 890 Forumite
edited 19 March 2014 at 9:44PM in How much have you saved?
The Great 'joining clubs for discounts' Hunt Revisited

Members of clubs and societies can often bag extra discounts and exclusive offers (eg, Martin's Money Tips subscribers get money for nothing and tips for free...). So we want to tap MoneySavers' collective knowledge on which clubs are worth joining and what the best discounts are.

Click reply below to share your tips. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide..

View all past Great Hunts.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    One I've found useful is free parking in National Trust car parks for members. As long as one of you in the car is a member and has the car sticker on the car windscreen it can come in pretty handy even if you're not a fan of stately homes and castles.

Eg car parks at National Trust owned beaches can cost around £8 a day. If you think you'll visit a lot over the summer (fingers crossed for good weather!) you may find it worth it just for that.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • dsa1980
    dsa1980 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    You can get (sometimes significant) discounts on car insurance by joining some car clubs. I owned a Lotus Elise and by joining SELOC (South East Lotus Owners Club - even though I live in Manchester) I saved over £100 on my car insurance by letting them know I was a member.
    There were other motoring discounts for being a member too.

My husband is also a member of HOG (Harley Davidson Owners Group) and they get discounts on Best Western Hotels and Eurocamp (amongst other discounts)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport