The Great 'Your best freebies of 2013' Hunt

Options
Former_MSE_Debs
Former_MSE_Debs Posts: 890 Forumite
edited 28 November 2013 at 10:48AM in Freebies (no spend required)
Great 'Your best freebies of 2013' Hunt
Some claim freebies aren't as good or widely available as they used to be. We want to hear your thoughts on this, as well as your best freebie finds of 2013.

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

View all past Great Hunts.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• ycy0116
    ycy0116 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Historic Scotland giving away free tickets for visiting on the St. Andrew's day(30th Nov 2013), I got 2 free tickets to visit Duff house, which usually have to pay 7.50 per ticket. Looking forward to pay the visit!!! :-)
  • flubberyzing
    Options
    For me personally, the best "freebies" come via product testing sites such as Bzzagent, Savvy Circle and Givaudan.

Yes, you have to do a bit of work in exchange, writing reviews etc, but I've tried out a good range of different things this past year. If I add up the value of everything I've tested, it's probably not far off £100.
    Yes, it can be hit and miss as to what you get (if anything!), but on the whole, I've had more hits and generally be pleased with what I've had to trial.

I haven't been so lucky with the freebies you have to do nothing for, other than filling in a form. I've only had one or two things this year that have caught my attention enough to bother with. A couple of coffee samples, and that's about it.
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Not a *thing*, but I think the free National Trust entry day is really cool.

Some of the larger locations can stack up in cost if the whole family's going yet there's often so much to keep kids entertained - big playgrounds etc plus I call it "subliminal education" :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • BernadetteChurch
    Options
    I agree that it's been a fairly lean year as far as freebies go. When I first discovered this site I was getting free things in the post at least weekly, I'm sure.

These days my best freebies come from the promotions they sometimes do at my train station where they hand out free samples of anything from vitamins to muesli bars to toothpaste.
  • Bedtimebear
    Options
    Lascote 6mle Roll on Perfume
    Sun Newspaper Big Smile Giveaway £5 Tesco Gift Card
    (newspaper collect from work)
    Maltese Easter Bunny

Bodyshop Born Lippy Lip Balm (use as xs present)
    Fisher Price Lion Rattle

Hi

Didn't get many freebies this year. Freebies thin on the ground this year.

BTb
    **Thank to all MSE who save me money with vouchers/ freebies & competitions ***
  • stephenliverpool1
    Options
    Mine was my two Colgate electric toothbrushes !
  • rightyouare
    Options
    mine was free alarm clock with radio, lights and some other useful features. It was considered free if you make an offer in one of the online clothes selling website. It was best, because I was dreaming of such a thing for the whole year:)
    No sacrifice, no victory.:j
  • Wesker
    Wesker Posts: 1,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine was my two Colgate electric toothbrushes !

Yes i got one of these too...best freebie of the year :D < nice white teeth ;)
    Errrr...come back later ;)
  • Luckystar
    Luckystar Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have had lots of good free stuff this year some of the best have been
    Bzz - 9 campaigns this year
    O2 rewards - some good stuff over the year
    Free cinema screenings - One Chance, The Croods, About Time and Lone Ranger were our favourites
    Postal freebies - mini Baileys chocolate , Chanel mascara, John Freida hair products, Jo Malone perfume in recent months spring to mind but there have been lots more good ones.

Maybe there aren't as many around as a few years back but I really enjoy getting little goodies in the post and free trips to cinema, as well as saving money with coupons and earning money from cashback sites. I'm thinking of doing a freebie diary for 2014 and logging what I get (sad I'm sure some will think but I will be interested to see what I get over a year)
  • MrsB2100
    Options
    Best (sort of) freebies for me have also been via product tests, but also vouchers from survey sites. I consider these to be freebies, as I do the surveys at work in my lunchbreak. I have nowhere else to go at lunchtime, so I do surveys and earn a few bob. This year, I've earned about £350 in vouchers and also had products to test, too! All in all, quite worthwhile.
    I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum
    Cos how can you be gloomy, when the sun shines out your bum? :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family