IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Highview Parking - Charge Notice - Help!

Options
2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,078 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 2 September 2013 at 12:45AM
    Options
    Buzby wrote: »
    If this was a Scottish site - you don't want to respond at all.

Do not confirm either way, Dancing Queen, but my guess is Forbury Retail Park, after a quick Google search:

http://completelyretail.co.uk/portfolio/Aviva/scheme/Forbury-Retail-Park-Phase-3-Reading/index

or maybe a Nottingham Retail Park:

http://m.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=791&p=0

Certainly complain to the Retail Park even if in Scotland or wherever!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62837690

And in both the complaint and the first challenge to the PPC, include copy receipts. I suspect they will cancel this before POPLA if you have spent money there.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Dancing_Queen
    Options
    Tried to locate the landlord, but no joy. So tried one of the stores we spent money in on the off chance. A very helpful chap called back and advised me that he had spoken to the PCC customer service explaining that we had spent money there etc, and although 'they are the rules' on this one occasion, subject to me going to the store with proof of purchases, they will void the charge! :j
    just need to get myself there and get it sorted. fingers crossed that they stick to their promise!
    Dancing Queen

:A
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    just need to get myself there and get it sorted. fingers crossed that they stick to their promise!
    Well done, but get it in writing.
  • Dancing_Queen
    Options
    Thanks, oh yes I certainly will! will probably send a letter to the pcc as well.
    It may have been because I started by asking who their managing agent was &, don't they realise we won't be back again if they continue to pursue etc... :D
    Dancing Queen

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,078 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 5 January 2014 at 9:28PM
    Options
    Tried to locate the landlord, but no joy. So tried one of the stores we spent money in on the off chance. A very helpful chap called back and advised me that he had spoken to the PCC customer service explaining that we had spent money there etc, and although 'they are the rules' on this one occasion, subject to me going to the store with proof of purchases, they will void the charge! :j

Well done! :T

Your thread now joins this 'Hall of Fame' post I am keeping updated which shows all the successful complaints I have noted on here, since ONLY 4 weeks ago!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

As I said to another successful complainant today, complaining is the new POPLA!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Well done! :T

Your thread now joins this 'Hall of Fame' post I am keeping updated which shows all the successful complaints I have noted on here, since ONLY 4 weeks ago!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62837690

As I said to another successful complainant today, complaining is the new POPLA!

Wow C-m, that's becoming some list. Up there, numerically, with the POPLA Decisions sticky :T
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Dancing_Queen
    Options
    Thank you for adding to your list. It's amazing how many are on there having successfully been cancelled.

I got confirmation by email today that the PCN is cancelled. A small mix up with dates caused the delay but now problem solved. :j

So pleased that common sense prevailed in the end.
    Dancing Queen

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family