IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Asda / Smart Parking / Blue Badge

Options
124»

Comments

• salablu
    salablu Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Hello All

Just wanted to give a quick update...

Rang the supermarket to try and get an appointment with the Manager. However, I ended up talking to him on the phone instead. He listened carefully and made points around the time limit being set for all based on the size of the shop (to be fair, I understood this - all legal duties aside - there are a lot of other "attractions" around which means the car park has been regularly abused while there is other parking near).

After talking a bit more, and also about the equality act, he offered to get it the "charge" overturned himself.

I gave him the reference notice and the registration of the car.

I didn't push for the white list - I suspect I can do this later.

I am now thinking of writing a quick letter to him to A) thank him and B) for using it as a paper trail in case of any further "letters" from Smart Parking (almost like a set of minutes from a meeting).

What do people think?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, good plan and well done!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • atilla
    atilla Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, the paper trail is a good idea. You get in the managers good books by being courteous and also get to trip up the scammers, who, I might add, are having problems with their own paperwork.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure