Options
13»

Comments

• shays_mum
    shays_mum Posts: 1,693 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Sillygoose,

*Confused* thought the accentua 8 have problems?, hence the recommendations of texecom (from Alert themselves) & scantronics from digitek.

I am veering towards texecom as its easier to programme.

Any more suggestions are well appreciated, am going to place my order on the weekend!
    No one said it was gonna be easy!
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    shays_mum wrote: »
    Hi Sillygoose,

*Confused* thought the accentua 8 have problems?, hence the recommendations of texecom (from Alert themselves) & scantronics from digitek.

I am veering towards texecom as its easier to programme.

Any more suggestions are well appreciated, am going to place my order on the weekend!

I think muckybutt said he had seen some problem ones (accentua) which is fair enough but I haven't myself, there are dozens fitted in my neighbour hood as it was the builders default choice. I have one in my own house 15 years old and going strong. (just needs a new £7 battery every 3 years). The remote panel is the same age and working well. If the texecom is easier to program then that may be a reason to get it.

I do think any panel can be a bit fiddly but once set up you may not need to mess with the settings for a decade! I wouldn't have a clue how to do it without the manual.

You may also need some small cable clips, and one of these will make life hugely easier if you don't have one..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Automatic-Wire-Stripper-Crimper-Crimping-Crimp-Electrical-Stripper-Tool-Cutter-/130913411766

Also possibly some cable ties and the panel will need a power outlet where you locate it. Generally a fused spur outlet.

Just finally I would add again, if you can get the dual technology PIR sensors please do, they cost a bit more for a good reason but are so worth it.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure