Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BLUEWKD
    • By BLUEWKD 1st Oct 11, 12:07 AM
    • 6,741Posts
    • 96,522Thanks
    BLUEWKD
    0 WOW
    Non-coupon related Drivel Thread 8
    • 1st Oct 11, 12:07 AM
    0 WOW
    Non-coupon related Drivel Thread 8 1st Oct 11 at 12:07 AM
    Non-coupon related Drivel

To save the main thread from non-coupon related drivel (hopefully), please post here.

Main Coupon Thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3405925

Old Drivel Thread One
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=1774963

Old Drivel Thread Two
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3274052

Old Drivel Thread Three
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3405981

Chat about anything can be posted on here, but please be polite. Thanks.
    Be thankful for what you have because it could all be taken away tomorrow.

Page 470
    • Thrifty Sister
    • By Thrifty Sister 9th Dec 12, 6:19 PM
    • 5,820 Posts
    • 95,928 Thanks
    Thrifty Sister
    Yeah I am up for that my birthday in March
    Originally posted by adoreholidays

Mine too - what date?
    • Thrifty Sister
    • By Thrifty Sister 9th Dec 12, 6:34 PM
    • 5,820 Posts
    • 95,928 Thanks
    Thrifty Sister
    Had a sort of catching up day today - various jobs needing doing that I've been putting off. OH and I are going to visit family in a sunnier (hopefully) place for christmas so not bothering putting any more decs up in our house (unless BP can get time off from being the Domestic Goddess) but it doesn't seem quite right when all around me are putting theirs up so I've decided to have a little token tree so I can feel a bit festive at home. Also managed to get a couple of LOB/fab fings shops in this afternoon but shops were heaving. I thought at one stage a bun fight was going to break out as a couple started arguing at the checkout just in front of me. Wouldn't like to have been in the mans shoes when he got home. Off now to make tea and to settle down to watch x factor - I didn't really mind who won as I think both Jahmene and James are brilliant but James was soo good last night I really want him to win now
    • Thrifty Sister
    • By Thrifty Sister 9th Dec 12, 6:37 PM
    • 5,820 Posts
    • 95,928 Thanks
    Thrifty Sister
    Ooh nearly forgot - OH had another stonking womble - approx £15 apg's and 2 T's receipts with 208 points not claimed. He is getting a Sunday roast for that lol AND a Plum crumble. With custard. Might encourage him its worth womblingafter all
    • chattmum
    • By chattmum 9th Dec 12, 8:29 PM
    • 1,919 Posts
    • 27,141 Thanks
    chattmum
    Evening all

Managed to find some pants in mr T priced at £7 but when I scanned them they scanned at £8 not 4p or even the right price so totally confused now as thought it was all packs not priced at £8 has anyone else found any cheap today or do they need to be certain packets or colours ?

Never mind will maybe try another store another day but worried to try in a store with no self scanners now

School kit to iron now joy can't be bothered to list anymore on eBay tonight did a few bits yesterday getting bored of people messing me about and not paying

CM
  • Best price
    Ooh nearly forgot - OH had another stonking womble - approx £15 apg's and 2 T's receipts with 208 points not claimed. He is getting a Sunday roast for that lol AND a Plum crumble. With custard. Might encourage him its worth womblingafter all
    Originally posted by Thrifty Sister
    I am going to start handing over my APGs and PPs to you if I get rewarded like that
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you. ~John Wooden 154/06/270
    • Thrifty Sister
    • By Thrifty Sister 9th Dec 12, 8:41 PM
    • 5,820 Posts
    • 95,928 Thanks
    Thrifty Sister
    Evening all

Managed to find some pants in mr T priced at £7 but when I scanned them they scanned at £8 not 4p or even the right price so totally confused now as thought it was all packs not priced at £8 has anyone else found any cheap today or do they need to be certain packets or colours ?

Never mind will maybe try another store another day but worried to try in a store with no self scanners now

School kit to iron now joy can't be bothered to list anymore on eBay tonight did a few bits yesterday getting bored of people messing me about and not paying

CM
    Originally posted by chattmum
    Think that ebay attracts the daftest people - they seem to lose all common sense. I was recently asked if a collection item included postage. What??
    • Thrifty Sister
    • By Thrifty Sister 9th Dec 12, 8:45 PM
    • 5,820 Posts
    • 95,928 Thanks
    Thrifty Sister
    I am going to start handing over my APGs and PPs to you if I get rewarded like that
    Originally posted by Best price
    You may wish to reconsider AFTER tasting my cooking - I am so not a domestic goddess as friends will vouch. Remind me to tell you of some of my culinary disasters.

I even managed to burn boiled eggs once
    • Thrifty Sister
    • By Thrifty Sister 9th Dec 12, 8:47 PM
    • 5,820 Posts
    • 95,928 Thanks
    Thrifty Sister
    Anyone else just spot Jahmene with the whoopsie gun?

Seems like a really lovely young man - good luck to him
    • chattmum
    • By chattmum 9th Dec 12, 8:50 PM
    • 1,919 Posts
    • 27,141 Thanks
    chattmum
    Think that ebay attracts the daftest people - they seem to lose all common sense. I was recently asked if a collection item included postage. What??
    I have a total twonk annoying me at the mo have been waiting since Tuesday for them to pay so yesterday I sent a polite "please make payment or contact asap" message and all they have done is sent me a message back and all it said was OK... Total idiots the make contact was a nice way of saying if you have a problem or can't pay let me know but I just don't know what they are on. Thinking about starting non paying dispute but I like to give people a full week. And stupid part is its under £2 the item.

Makes you want to pull you hair out sometimes lol.

CM
  • Best price
    Beautiful tree CM
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you. ~John Wooden 154/06/270
  • Best price

TS, I have decorated the outside of your house while you have been drivelling. I will do the inside of your house when you are at sada
    Last edited by Best price; 09-12-2012 at 9:12 PM.
  • fungaltendancy
    Well done TS OH

BP you have been busy.and so quick too.Might have to employ you to come help with our big tree next year
    • myrtleturtle
    • By myrtleturtle 9th Dec 12, 9:56 PM
    • 8,163 Posts
    • 131,167 Thanks
    myrtleturtle
    meant to ask
    do any of you use l'oreals casting creme gloss range or l'oreal hair colourants?
    • Auntycaz
    • By Auntycaz 9th Dec 12, 9:58 PM
    • 1,744 Posts
    • 31,255 Thanks
    Auntycaz
    Haven't entered my RSH codes yet need to try and remember to do those tonight or will get lost in the depths of emails
    Originally posted by adoreholidays
    How are you managing to get more than one RSH codes?
    I tried to get one of the second batch and it said I'd already had one.
    • Thrifty Sister
    • By Thrifty Sister 9th Dec 12, 10:12 PM
    • 5,820 Posts
    • 95,928 Thanks
    Thrifty Sister

TS, I have decorated the outside of your house while you have been drivelling. I will do the inside of your house when you are at sada
    BP - you have excelled yourself I am truly delighted and can't thank you enough. You are obviously a lady of many talents and I am happy cos the house now looks beautiful. The neighbours will be well jell
    • jax.26
    • By jax.26 9th Dec 12, 10:14 PM
    • 1,751 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    jax.26
    It is usually carp. About 3p and 31p

Just managed to hit on a jackpot that day
    Well done!
    See and treat yourself

xx
    • jax.26
    • By jax.26 9th Dec 12, 10:18 PM
    • 1,751 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    jax.26
    Thanks BP
    Now that the winter is surely here I am shedding skin on my face like a lizard... was wondering what to try next.

xx
    • jax.26
    • By jax.26 9th Dec 12, 10:22 PM
    • 1,751 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    jax.26
    And another piece of drivel to (hopefully) make you smile

A man in Scotland calls his son in London the day before Christmas Eve and says, “I hate to ruin your day but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing; forty-five years of misery is enough.”

'Dad, what are you talking about?' the son screams.

“We can't stand the sight of each other any longer” the father says. “We're sick of each other and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Leeds and tell her.”

Franticly, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone. “Like hell they're getting divorced!” she shouts, “I'll take care of this!”

She calls Scotland immediately, and screams at her father “You are NOT getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?” and hangs up.

The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife.'Sorted! They're coming for Christmas - and they're paying their own way.'
    Sure did make me smile
    • jax.26
    • By jax.26 9th Dec 12, 10:32 PM
    • 1,751 Posts
    • 21,507 Thanks
    jax.26
    I am not keen on doing anything for you because you are so FUSSY. You would complain even if I cleaned your bathroom with CIF mousse

You are getting like a broken record with your butter issues
    Oh dear, I am laughing ma head off at this...lolAlthough I know how DRW feels as I hate hate hate margarine
    • chattmum
    • By chattmum 9th Dec 12, 10:33 PM
    • 1,919 Posts
    • 27,141 Thanks
    chattmum
    How are you managing to get more than one RSH codes?
    I tried to get one of the second batch and it said I'd already had one.
    Originally posted by Auntycaz
    It was 1 voucher per fb account so some people used family members accounts toget other vouchers

CM
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,709Posts Today

7,280Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sheesh... now I'm being attacked for a post asking about how bad AIRPORT exchange rates are as if it were some Brexit point!

• I support UK & rest of world. I reject the framing that going beyond Eng border lets country down. We must interact. https://t.co/zHDrsmCop2

• RT @Josed3018: @MartinSLewis the exchange rate is 1.07 at the euro tunnel

• Follow Martin