Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Discount Codes 'n Vouchers > Non-coupon related Drivel Thread 8 (Page 470)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Non-coupon related Drivel Thread 8
Closed Thread
Views: 213,707
# 9381
Thrifty Sister
Old 09-12-2012, 6:19 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoreholidays View Post
Yeah I am up for that my birthday in March

Mine too - what date?
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Thrifty Sister For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9382
Thrifty Sister
Old 09-12-2012, 6:34 PM

Had a sort of catching up day today - various jobs needing doing that I've been putting off. OH and I are going to visit family in a sunnier (hopefully) place for christmas so not bothering putting any more decs up in our house (unless BP can get time off from being the Domestic Goddess) but it doesn't seem quite right when all around me are putting theirs up so I've decided to have a little token tree so I can feel a bit festive at home. Also managed to get a couple of LOB/fab fings shops in this afternoon but shops were heaving. I thought at one stage a bun fight was going to break out as a couple started arguing at the checkout just in front of me. Wouldn't like to have been in the mans shoes when he got home. Off now to make tea and to settle down to watch x factor - I didn't really mind who won as I think both Jahmene and James are brilliant but James was soo good last night I really want him to win now
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Thrifty Sister For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9383
Thrifty Sister
Old 09-12-2012, 6:37 PM

Ooh nearly forgot - OH had another stonking womble - approx £15 apg's and 2 T's receipts with 208 points not claimed. He is getting a Sunday roast for that lol AND a Plum crumble. With custard. Might encourage him its worth womblingafter all
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Thrifty Sister For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9384
chattmum
Old 09-12-2012, 8:29 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Evening all

Managed to find some pants in mr T priced at £7 but when I scanned them they scanned at £8 not 4p or even the right price so totally confused now as thought it was all packs not priced at £8 has anyone else found any cheap today or do they need to be certain packets or colours ?

Never mind will maybe try another store another day but worried to try in a store with no self scanners now

School kit to iron now joy can't be bothered to list anymore on eBay tonight did a few bits yesterday getting bored of people messing me about and not paying

CM
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to chattmum For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9385
Best price
Old 09-12-2012, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrifty Sister View Post
Ooh nearly forgot - OH had another stonking womble - approx £15 apg's and 2 T's receipts with 208 points not claimed. He is getting a Sunday roast for that lol AND a Plum crumble. With custard. Might encourage him its worth womblingafter all
I am going to start handing over my APGs and PPs to you if I get rewarded like that
You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you. ~John Wooden 154/06/270
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Best price For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9386
Thrifty Sister
Old 09-12-2012, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattmum View Post
Evening all

Managed to find some pants in mr T priced at £7 but when I scanned them they scanned at £8 not 4p or even the right price so totally confused now as thought it was all packs not priced at £8 has anyone else found any cheap today or do they need to be certain packets or colours ?

Never mind will maybe try another store another day but worried to try in a store with no self scanners now

School kit to iron now joy can't be bothered to list anymore on eBay tonight did a few bits yesterday getting bored of people messing me about and not paying

CM
Think that ebay attracts the daftest people - they seem to lose all common sense. I was recently asked if a collection item included postage. What??
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Thrifty Sister For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9387
Thrifty Sister
Old 09-12-2012, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best price View Post
I am going to start handing over my APGs and PPs to you if I get rewarded like that
You may wish to reconsider AFTER tasting my cooking - I am so not a domestic goddess as friends will vouch. Remind me to tell you of some of my culinary disasters.

I even managed to burn boiled eggs once
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Thrifty Sister For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9388
Thrifty Sister
Old 09-12-2012, 8:47 PM

Anyone else just spot Jahmene with the whoopsie gun?

Seems like a really lovely young man - good luck to him
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Thrifty Sister For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9389
chattmum
Old 09-12-2012, 8:50 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Think that ebay attracts the daftest people - they seem to lose all common sense. I was recently asked if a collection item included postage. What??
I have a total twonk annoying me at the mo have been waiting since Tuesday for them to pay so yesterday I sent a polite "please make payment or contact asap" message and all they have done is sent me a message back and all it said was OK... Total idiots the make contact was a nice way of saying if you have a problem or can't pay let me know but I just don't know what they are on. Thinking about starting non paying dispute but I like to give people a full week. And stupid part is its under £2 the item.

Makes you want to pull you hair out sometimes lol.

CM
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chattmum For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9390
Best price
Old 09-12-2012, 9:07 PM

Beautiful tree CM
You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you. ~John Wooden 154/06/270
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Best price For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9391
Best price
Old 09-12-2012, 9:09 PM

TS, I have decorated the outside of your house while you have been drivelling. I will do the inside of your house when you are at sada

Last edited by Best price; 09-12-2012 at 9:12 PM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Best price For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9392
fungaltendancy
Old 09-12-2012, 9:44 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Well done TS OH

BP you have been busy.and so quick too.Might have to employ you to come help with our big tree next year
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to fungaltendancy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9393
myrtleturtle
Old 09-12-2012, 9:56 PM

meant to ask
do any of you use l'oreals casting creme gloss range or l'oreal hair colourants?
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to myrtleturtle For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9394
Auntycaz
Old 09-12-2012, 9:58 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoreholidays View Post
Haven't entered my RSH codes yet need to try and remember to do those tonight or will get lost in the depths of emails
How are you managing to get more than one RSH codes?
I tried to get one of the second batch and it said I'd already had one.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Auntycaz For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9395
Thrifty Sister
Old 09-12-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:

TS, I have decorated the outside of your house while you have been drivelling. I will do the inside of your house when you are at sada
BP - you have excelled yourself I am truly delighted and can't thank you enough. You are obviously a lady of many talents and I am happy cos the house now looks beautiful. The neighbours will be well jell
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Thrifty Sister For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9396
jax.26
Old 09-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
It is usually carp. About 3p and 31p

Just managed to hit on a jackpot that day
Well done!
See and treat yourself

xx
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jax.26 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9397
jax.26
Old 09-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=1008

Free biotherm samples

Please thank OP
Thanks BP
Now that the winter is surely here I am shedding skin on my face like a lizard... was wondering what to try next.

xx
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jax.26 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9398
jax.26
Old 09-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
And another piece of drivel to (hopefully) make you smile

A man in Scotland calls his son in London the day before Christmas Eve and says, “I hate to ruin your day but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing; forty-five years of misery is enough.”

'Dad, what are you talking about?' the son screams.

“We can't stand the sight of each other any longer” the father says. “We're sick of each other and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Leeds and tell her.”

Franticly, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone. “Like hell they're getting divorced!” she shouts, “I'll take care of this!”

She calls Scotland immediately, and screams at her father “You are NOT getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?” and hangs up.

The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife.'Sorted! They're coming for Christmas - and they're paying their own way.'
Sure did make me smile
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jax.26 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9399
jax.26
Old 09-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
I am not keen on doing anything for you because you are so FUSSY. You would complain even if I cleaned your bathroom with CIF mousse

You are getting like a broken record with your butter issues
Oh dear, I am laughing ma head off at this...lolAlthough I know how DRW feels as I hate hate hate margarine
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jax.26 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9400
chattmum
Old 09-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntycaz View Post
How are you managing to get more than one RSH codes?
I tried to get one of the second batch and it said I'd already had one.
It was 1 voucher per fb account so some people used family members accounts toget other vouchers

CM
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to chattmum For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread