Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Debt-Free Wannabe > Debt-free Wannabe Challenges > Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / 16600!!! (Page 49)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / 16600!!!
Views: 114,608
# 961
NinjaSavingKat
Old 07-12-2012, 9:15 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I'm still watching you...

The debt journey is over, the savings are made and I hit the road in 24 hours.

Savings banked; 14000 in 10 months thanks to MSE!
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NinjaSavingKat For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 962
liltdiddylilt
Old 07-12-2012, 9:34 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry.. Term-time only

Peekaboo all! Kat I really hope you have an excellent time. Gutted about the flask though!

I think I am becoming a bit of a miser.... I put most of my overtime money into the bank today then transferred it to the savings account to just sit there so it doesn't cloud my judgement on my current account. I went out peeking around and found a gorgeous jumper, quite girly, for me & it was 22.99 in New Look... didn't buy though. As OH has said, I need to relax a bit... I threw out 3/4 of my clothes for being ancient and too big for me and have made money on eBay/overtime... but still I cannot bring myself to SPEND! The guilt is too much. I'm sure you would be proud Kat.

Things to report.

-Trip round ASDA with zero spends
-Coffee dodged by drinking at home
-Another 2 sales on eBay, however, a cancellation immediately after, as yet again someone bid with less than a minute to go and didn't read the big letters PS3... Still, 7.50 for something worth a max of 4
-K&Co catalogue confirmed they have closed my account
-MBNA took my minimum payment on my card even though it is at zero balance - sooooooooo 25 out of the bank that wasn't necessary. It's coming back on the 19th Dec.
- Xmas presents left to buy = 2 bottles of wine & 2 vouchers - got a coupon for WH Smiths (when I bought a jiffy bag for eBay sale the other day) ...for 5 off a 20 spend and it INCLUDES vouchers. SO I get 20 vouchers for the kids, for 15 woohoo!! (They do vouchers for all sorts of companies in there too! )

Parents coming for 2 nights next week & bringing all littlies presents with them for Xmas from my family. Can't wait!!! They have also done some bulk buying for me at their local JTF warehouse, so toilet rolls, cleaning products & laundry stuff catered for for the next few months

I think my new debt free date is going to be March 23rd 2013. My best friend gets married on this day, and dressed in my bridesmaids garb I will no doubt bump into my ex, good friend of the groom. I would sorely like to look down my nose at him (slightly ruined by the stupid dress I have to wear) knowing that I am completely debt free without any of the stinking money he owes me & that me & my family are lightyears on from where he is. The satisfaction of that is worth the scrimping for the next 4 months!

Hope you are all well. Sorry to anyone reading my posts on DDD as some bits (ASDA!) cross over

Tata for now!! xx
NST Nov: SFD: 16/18||Groceries: 146.86/130||Food Bank: 0/5|
FD Saver: 3300.00/3600.00 Xmas Spends: 270.34 Emergency Fund: 948.42
"A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$. You have to cover the rest." - Royce Gracie
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to liltdiddylilt For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 963
liltdiddylilt
Old 07-12-2012, 9:36 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxsie32 View Post
While the kat's away......

Who's coming out to play???
LMAO!! Not me, I am 'being ahave' as I used to say when I was much smaller
"A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$. You have to cover the rest." - Royce Gracie
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liltdiddylilt For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 964
Siouxsie32
Old 07-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSavingKat View Post
I'm still watching you...
Bah, eyes in the back of your head...just like my parents! Now go and have some fun
450 Day Debt Slaying Challenge:
9107.25 0 (60 days early)
New Challenge for 2014:
20,136.47 15989.65 (More than twice as much in less time )
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Siouxsie32 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 965
missladyannie
Old 08-12-2012, 6:50 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi everyone! Wow lots of reading for me to catch up with this thread!

It sounds like everyone is getting on great, Kat sorry to hear about your bike :-(

Ive got a busy day today, lots of housework to catch up on, this place is a tip!! Its so cluttered!! I've been up since 4am, damn kitten!! Im also working tonight 7.30pm-midnight, yawn, so it will be a long day :-(

DS is sitting quietly playing his Nintendo (a treat as its the weekend!) but once DH is up I can make a start on the cleaning and wrapping up the football boots for Ebay, I might even try and get some more listings on today as well. I got a lovely text back from my SIL after I sent her her first payment, she was so grateful, it makes it all worthwhile! xx
Nov NSD: 8/7 Dec NSD: 1/10
Sealed pot member #1443 2011: 106. 2012: 171
Ninjakat challenge: Aim to clear two debts by April 2013
100 day challenge: No toiletries or magazines 19/100 (3 x fails )
Extra payment a week challenge: Total to date: 2355.53
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to missladyannie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 966
Happytogetdebtfree
Old 08-12-2012, 9:00 AM

Well done on the eBay sales. A bit of cash before Xmas is always a welcomed surprise xx Kat have a lovely walking weekend and enjoy the scenery xx I will have to catch up with other posts when I'm at laptop access it takes ages to write and scroll etc :-) x
I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAKMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 0877240.69 Current outstanding total 42706.34 Paid so far = 34534.35
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Happytogetdebtfree For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 967
killerpeaty
Old 09-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

... I spent over 60 on friday.

My sister buys trashy magazines, I read them when they're in front of me but I can't say I miss them.
Aims for 2014: Complete up to AAT level 3, save 7K and stop fearing learning to drive.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to killerpeaty For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 968
liltdiddylilt
Old 09-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

You can't tell us that and not what on!!! What did you get?!?! Should we be mad? :P

How is work going Peatypants?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liltdiddylilt For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 969
Listerbelle
Old 09-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpeaty View Post
Good luck on your exam lister! Remember, 1sb is only about 0.5p so don't stress out about them tooooooooo much. I see you're doing really well! Would you mind PMing me a list of your survey sites with your favourites highlighted? I want to check out any sites I haven't met yet.

Just got to payout on myview, any opinions on what reward I should claim? (I can copy paste the rewards- a list of 40 different vouchers!- if anyone can't see them).

5.25/3.50
Well done on the myview payout - which reward did you decide on?

The only surveys I do are those on Swagbucks and Ipsos occasionally. I was doing ValuedOpinions, but became disenchanted with them...

I also did Survey Savvy for a while, but they reset their site and lost all my details and it was a nightmare.

My exam is in March. It's a professional exam. I need to pass it before I proceed from the 2nd year in training to the 3rd year in training.
Nov extra earnings $169 & 20/$200 & 20

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Listerbelle For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 970
killerpeaty
Old 09-12-2012, 3:07 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Lilt, you should probably be angry. I spent it on food, taxis and a lot of regret juice.

Lister, which field is your qualification? It sounds like accounting to my untrained ears : )

Just got invited to a 20 three day thingy... : D
Aims for 2014: Complete up to AAT level 3, save 7K and stop fearing learning to drive.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to killerpeaty For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 971
Listerbelle
Old 09-12-2012, 3:10 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

It's a medical qualification.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Listerbelle For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 972
killerpeaty
Old 09-12-2012, 3:25 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Neat, I didn't realise... Starting to think I should read more carefully. How is it going?

Medical studies scare me. They seem difficult.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to killerpeaty For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 973
liltdiddylilt
Old 09-12-2012, 3:27 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Killer - On the contrary... You earned a night out on the tiles. There is a lot on your shoulders for one so young! You have no debts, a good job... Enjoy it within reason!!

Hope you weren't too hung over yesterday HAHAHA!

Lister fingers crossed for your exam. Medical you brave lady!!!
# 974
Siouxsie32
Old 09-12-2012, 3:33 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpeaty View Post
... and a lot of regret juice.
450 Day Debt Slaying Challenge:
9107.25 0 (60 days early)
New Challenge for 2014:
20,136.47 15989.65 (More than twice as much in less time )
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Siouxsie32 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 975
killerpeaty
Old 09-12-2012, 3:41 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

The regret in my regret juice was very strong...Definitely want to do it again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to killerpeaty For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 976
Happytogetdebtfree
Old 09-12-2012, 6:19 PM

Hi all ooh lister which medical profession 'nurse' or 'doctor'? good luck with the exam . Killer hope you enjoyed your night . I am just watching elf abit of xmas cheer x
I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAKMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 0877240.69 Current outstanding total 42706.34 Paid so far = 34534.35
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Happytogetdebtfree For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 977
Listerbelle
Old 09-12-2012, 7:16 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Doctor

Have many of you listed on ebay this weekend? It's another free one

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Listerbelle For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 978
NinjaSavingKat
Old 09-12-2012, 7:40 PM

I'M BACK!!!!

Shall read through posts and write a little more very very soon!!!

Hope you have all been debt busting bunnies!!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NinjaSavingKat For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 979
liltdiddylilt
Old 09-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Yay! Welcome back Kat. Hope your cat is ok & happy to see you!

No broken legs or anything?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to liltdiddylilt For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 980
NinjaSavingKat
Old 10-12-2012, 11:05 AM

Morning Kittens..

So I popped my head over the parapet last night and fell asleep not long after..

Superb weekend with a group of like minded women, walked about 25km in total. More of a bimble than a "hike" but the town we stayed in Moreton-in-Marsh was chocolate box perfect. Made me think just how much I would love my own home in order to buy all the pretty things from the stores they have there... However there was a distinct sniff that the perfection obtained by said village was only through Stepford Wifes proportions. Grass was too neat, hedges to perfect, walls to clean and the sheep to fluffy...

It felt like it was made for tourists and all the facades comes down around 2nd January.. or Mr McGregor the kindly local farmer, always on-hand with insightful information, who turns up out of no-where even when you don't need him has a slight grimace and nervous tick when a "town folk" wander too far off the correct path or ask a difficult questions...

However I found a dark blue vintage pillbox hat in a charity shop and bought it. Despite being in place of food I didn't starve. It cost me 12.95 - with 30 being budgeted already for the weekend and 17.85 spent on meals - my total was destroyed by the stray 80p..(30.80 ) yet I managed to get the money from an eBay sell through - finally - to the grand total of 3.95. So I am within budget...( although was a little naughty )..

I have a very precise 117.30 left and have everything itemized on a spreadsheet. I have called my mechanics and will be getting a quote sent through very shortly for repairs on Friday - this has to be done. I have overtime at the weekend and cannot travel without an indicator or brake lever and since it starts and end at stupid o'clock I need the bike. It balances out with the money earned - and I may have enough funds to scrape together from my petrol fund!..

I have precisely 113 in my petrol account. I need to renew my weekly travel card for 69 on Wednesday - which is wasted over the weekend as I have to use the bike and is for 7 days, I only need it for 5 as I got home next Tuesday and have a ticket to the airport booked...

Individual tickets for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Monday would cost me 68. No real difference eh? So the remainder of 45 will be for the bike plus the possible 15 emergency money I have set aside from Mummy.... If I can avoid this I will. There is nothing else I can cut from my own budget this month to accommodate this and will have to consider petrol when I get back from Ireland on the 28th as I have overtime booked for the 29th and 30th and don't get paid until the morning of the 31st.

So there needs to be some serious knuckling down here... I am not sure if I can sell anything before I leave for home and have enough time to post it but I am going to have a look now...

Fingers crossed on the bike bits please....

I have the Christmas work lunch on Thursday and will try and eat as much as possible for breakfast so I don't order with my belly and I shall order only water..as a veggie I have already seen the menu and paid 5 deposit last month so that should be put towards it I hope. I have 25 budgeted for this ( if it seems like a lot remember I am in London )... but I intend to come away with at least 8 left...

I have 90 in my account which I don't want to spend until I get home.. it covers 40 for Mumsy which might reduce to 20, 25 for a meal with girlfriends I haven't seen in AGES and 25 for the staff do - with some pennies for food when I run out ( close to it )..

I do love living like this... FRUGAL ME!!!

Miser Lilt I am proud of you and must say I saw some brand new Jones the Bootmaker court shoes in my size at the charity shop and a brand new short sleeved vintage style cardy which I WALKED AWAY FROM!!!! This saved me 16.99 although would have done something special for my wardrobe as I am looking like a hobo recently... too much work and not enough snooze time leave me only safe in flat shoes...

Right I have a list to get to today...
  • Mechanic Call - Done
  • Post Christmas card to Granny - Done
  • Email friend about money saving - Done
  • Find addresses for relations in Oz -
  • Plan food for the week and the few days I am back from Ireland before being paid -
  • Get few items on eBay to end in 3 days -
  • Pilfer all funds out of PayPal -
  • Consider selling organs -

I shall be back..

Onwards and Upwards....

x x x

EDIT: - Just been told the 3 course meal we are hitting on Thursday is only 12.95?? And with 5 already paid this is now 7.95. I am a VERY happy NSK!

Last edited by NinjaSavingKat; 10-12-2012 at 11:43 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NinjaSavingKat For This Useful Post: Show me >>