Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    glittermonster
    Developers want to buy my home
    • 6th Dec 12, 9:43 PM
    Developers want to buy my home 6th Dec 12 at 9:43 PM
    to knock it down and build new flats.

I'm one of three maissonettes over an empty gym/nursery - mine and another are privately owned and the third the managing agent owns and is rented out.

The managing agent have been approached by a property developer who wants to buy all 5 properties (3 maissonettes, nursery and gym) and start again building 8/9 flats.

The managing agent has said the property (2bed) is work 150k (I paid 147k 3 & 1/2 years ago) and to have a think and let them know what we'd like. Apparently the property developers will cover all costs of selling/buying/moving.

We werent looking to move just yet (maybe in a few years) but this seems like a great chance to get out without having to renew the lease (its leasehold) and decorate/pay solicitors etc.

We are having a look around to see how much we'd need to buy a similar properly - which I think would be a 2 bed house as we have an outdoor space here in 3 directions - first floor back, 2nd floor front and back - which made me buy this property instead of other flats I looked at.

Any thoughts or questions we should be thinking about are welcome.

We are talking to next door over the weekend, I think they'd be happy to sell (for the right price) we need to agree on a price we'd both like and take that back to them I guess - and any other questions.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,277Posts Today

5,752Users online

Martin's Twitter