Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Siangar
    Npower debt, can I change supplier?
    • 27th Jul 12, 11:49 AM
    Npower debt, can I change supplier? 27th Jul 12 at 11:49 AM
    Hi,

This question may come accross as morally wrong but at the moment it seems like my only option.

I have quite a few debts which at the moment I am finding difficult to pay due to delays in my ESA claim.

I have been with Npower for a few years and fell behind on 2 months payments. This resulting with a payment plan being set up. All was well for some time but recently, I missed a payment. I was trying to catch up by paying 200 p/m as opposed to the agreed 178 p/m. Apparently Npower did not like this and has demanded that I pay the full amount of 1182.

I really can not afford this as I have a limited income. I have tried to swap suppliers as my monthly payments to the new supplier would be 95 p/m which would enable me to pay Npower 105 p/m to clear the debt. Npower has blocked this move and are again demanding the full amount.

Now, this is my question. As I live with my husband and his mum also lives here with us, could they apply for a new supplier or would they too be blocked? As his mum has only recently came to live with us, could she start a supply as a new resident?

As I said, this may seem morally wrong but it really is the only thinh I can think of.

Please someone, help me.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

224Posts Today

1,484Users online

Martin's Twitter