Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• sam.4000
    • By sam.4000 31st May 12, 8:48 PM
    • 1,094Posts
    • 4,418Thanks
    Nemaslugs and tortoises
    • 31st May 12, 8:48 PM
    Nemaslugs and tortoises 31st May 12 at 8:48 PM
    I just want to check that it is same to use nemaslugs with a tortoise in the garden. Everything I have read says Nemaslugs is safe with pets but I'm still scared incase it harms my tortoise.
Page 1
  • blossomhill
    • 1st Jun 12, 7:20 AM
    • 1st Jun 12, 7:20 AM
    I think you should check with one of the tortoise societies - anyone on here could say "yes, of course it's safe" - but what if they were wrong? Check with the experts
    You never know how far-reaching something good, that you may do or say today, may affect the lives of others tomorrow
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 1st Jun 12, 10:26 AM
    • 17,495 Posts
    • 77,079 Thanks
    • 1st Jun 12, 10:26 AM
    • 1st Jun 12, 10:26 AM
    Nematodes only attack species they are adapted to breed from, so it would be very, very unlikely that they would move from soil or inside the body of a slug to a reptile, especially as tortoises are largely herbivorous and slugs form a tiny part of their diet.

Nematodes need soil to survive, so any spilled on vegetation will quickly die.

You could ask someone who's a tortoise expert. Remember though, that if you ask an astronomer if there's a chance you could be hit by an asteroid, he/she would be bound to say "Yes."
    “Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come.” Chinese proverb.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

270Posts Today

1,365Users online

Martin's Twitter