IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Easyjet - which routes use the new assigned seating?
Closed Thread
Views: 1,488
# 1
WOW Factor 0
miamoo
Old 29-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Easyjet - which routes use the new assigned seating?

Anyone have any idea?
I am booked to Benidorm in June and haven't heard about it, so I'm assuming that it wont be us. It would definitely be a good thing, as the scrum to get a seat is the only thing that spoils an Easyjet flight.
100 - 10,000
# 2
aerostar
Old 29-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

"Low-cost airline easyJet has announced it will test allocated seating on selected routes starting next month.
Flights from Luton to Sharm el Sheikh, Glasgow to Alicante, Luton to Malaga, Luton to Alicante and Luton to Istanbul will all take part in the trial.
The 40,000 passengers on these routes will be allocated a seat free of charge, with the seat number marked on their boarding pass. They can pay 12 for a seat with extra leg room, 8 for the front seats or 3 to specify any other seat of their choice."

Talking to a flight steward, he thinks it is going to be a mess when boarding, you will then have those with paid seats, people with reduced mobility, families with small children, how do you reserve seats for late comers if the non reserved are on board first, yes they could put notices on seats, but you can bet that people will not take notice of them.

Also certain people are not allowed to sit in emergency exit rows as per CAA rules, under 18 passengers, pregnant women, people with reduced mobility.

All seats should be assigned on the plane, or not at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aerostar For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
richardw
Old 29-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerostar View Post
Exactly, anything else is just confusion.
Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
# 4
jamesbrownontheroad
Old 01-04-2012, 2:48 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerostar View Post
Also certain people are not allowed to sit in emergency exit rows as per CAA rules, under 18 passengers, pregnant women, people with reduced mobility.
Besides, if no-one pre-books the exit seat rows, the cabin crew will end up asking passengers sitting near-by to move to them anyway, because they have to be occupied by someone who has been briefed on how to open the emergency exits.

So if you don't feel like paying, top tip is to try and get a seat as near to the exit row as possible, and make yourself available if the cabin crew ask for someone to move.
# 5
bagand96
Old 01-04-2012, 7:24 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
All seats on the plane will be assigned. Everyone will be allocated a seat number at check in which will be printed on their boarding card.

The options to pay are for those who wish to book in advance and reserve extra legroom/exit/specific seats when they book the ticket. If people don't choose to do that, they'll be allocated a seat number when they check in. It will operate exactly like most other airlines do it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bagand96 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
SaveTheEuro
Old 01-04-2012, 9:30 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad View Post
Besides, if no-one pre-books the exit seat rows, the cabin crew will end up asking passengers sitting near-by to move to them anyway, because they have to be occupied by someone who has been briefed on how to open the emergency exits.

So if you don't feel like paying, top tip is to try and get a seat as near to the exit row as possible, and make yourself available if the cabin crew ask for someone to move.
This hasn't been my experience on recent flights. Exit seat rows have been left empty.
# 7
balletshoes
Old 24-05-2012, 12:20 PM

is this still being trialled or is it standard practice on certain Easyjet flights now?

I've just printed off my boarding cards for my flight from Luton to Paris CDG and back on 10th and 13th June, my seat numbers have been allocated on both legs of the journey.

Great news as far as I'm concerned .
# 8
richardw
Old 24-05-2012, 12:40 PM

http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answ...tail/a_id/5619
Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richardw For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread