Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Work & Benefits > Boost Your Income > Mystery Shopping Thread 23 *PLEASE READ THE OP FI... (Page 31)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Mystery Shopping Thread 23 *PLEASE READ THE OP FIRST**PLEASE NO CLIENT NAMES OR FEES
Closed Thread
Views: 299,621
# 601
N.I.M
Old 30-04-2012, 6:39 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Are MF trying to regain the title from RA or something?
This was 6 months out of date so I've changed it.
# 602
DevilsAdvocate1
Old 30-04-2012, 6:56 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

And has anyone else noticed that its the companies which pay the least which are the strictist on when they want the report back to them. I reckon they get let down a lot because if a better paid job comes up then they are likely to be let down.
# 603
brooke3
Old 30-04-2012, 7:35 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamashaz View Post
SHOPPING CENTRES and TOY SHOPS on RA
BEDS on RE/MF

Thanks for the alert mimi but aren't these fees shocking? I accepted a bed job and failed the test because I just assumed there was a reimbursement, as previously. Glad I failed because there is no way I am going to do it for that amount.
The fee is terrible! I can't believe people actually work for those fees. I wonder how much MF get paid to carry out the shops and what per centage actually gets passed onto the shopper.

Does anyone do any work for Coyle? I'm doing my first job for them next week and I'm a bit nervous because they sound so strict.
# 604
N.I.M
Old 30-04-2012, 7:39 PM

I'm kind of surprised the fees and reimbursements from MF havn't plumeted. The new owners will have borrowed to buy it and they'll need to pay it back sooner rather than later.
# 605
Big Graeme
Old 30-04-2012, 8:06 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.I.M View Post
I'm kind of surprised the fees and reimbursements from MF havn't plumeted. The new owners will have borrowed to buy it and they'll need to pay it back sooner rather than later.
There really wasn't much lower they could go was there?
Jobs are sticking now if they reduce fees further they will not get them done.
# 606
mimi1234
Old 30-04-2012, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamashaz View Post
SHOPPING CENTRES and TOY SHOPS on RA
BEDS on RE/MF

Thanks for the alert mimi but aren't these fees shocking? I accepted a bed job and failed the test because I just assumed there was a reimbursement, as previously. Glad I failed because there is no way I am going to do it for that amount.
I know barbz, but to each their own. The beds tend to get snapped up quite fast near me. I guess if someone is really short of cash, they will do them at that rate.

Again with the RA rates, someone swiped a toy shop with a fee so low I would not even get a leg out of bed for.
ME I AM MIMI
# 607
DPJames
Old 30-04-2012, 8:25 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Well done weeg and Big Graeme. Two thumbs up.

And two fingers up to Retail Active. Second week in a row, named and shamed.

If someone wants to PM me the assignment fee and reimburssment, I'll happily stick it on here. I don't work for them anymore, so don't give a Tommy Tit.

Retail Active, you could suck golf balls through a garden hose.
# 608
DPJames
Old 30-04-2012, 8:29 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Word of warning. When doing travel agents, the ones where you have to give your real name, address etc. They hold your details on record, and can see when you've made enquiries, where for and in which stores. So doing three in one day is going to raise alarm bells.
# 609
HeavensDevil
Old 30-04-2012, 8:46 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPJames View Post
Word of warning. When doing travel agents, the ones where you have to give your real name, address etc. They hold your details on record, and can see when you've made enquiries, where for and in which stores. So doing three in one day is going to raise alarm bells.
I'm not sure which MS co you're referring to, but I had this problem when I visited the student one for MF back in January. I think someone added something to my 'record' after one of my previous visits last year - as soon as the MOS looked my name up on the system, she started behaving really weirdly and when she went to get my printout, was accompanied back by a colleague to sit with her and make notes
# 610
mimi1234
Old 30-04-2012, 8:46 PM

My crazy GR holiday woman is still calling me even though I have told her I am not going on a holiday anymore. She phoned me today and asked if I had changed my mind. That's about 10 calls and about 5 emails now.

Do you think I would be OK to tell her I was the mystery shopper and to stop harrassing me? I might have to contact GR tomorrow and see what they say.
ME I AM MIMI
# 611
Workie Ticket
Old 30-04-2012, 8:56 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Did you do the Durham one for GR?
# 612
N.I.M
Old 30-04-2012, 9:13 PM

The Darlington one only rang once...just before my wife was due to go in for the C-section. She never rang back
# 613
MysteryMe
Old 30-04-2012, 9:55 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi1234 View Post
My crazy GR holiday woman is still calling me even though I have told her I am not going on a holiday anymore. She phoned me today and asked if I had changed my mind. That's about 10 calls and about 5 emails now.

Do you think I would be OK to tell her I was the mystery shopper and to stop harrassing me? I might have to contact GR tomorrow and see what they say.
No, don't reveal yourself. I'd tell her that you don't wish to be rude but any further communication will just be ignored. Sounds worse than a double glazing firm!
The Following User Says Thank You to MysteryMe For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 614
DPJames
Old 30-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workie Ticket View Post
Did you do the Durham one for GR?
No, it was for the 'eggs/baguettes' company. I was in the second travel shop and was watching the screen. She entered my details and then commented that I'd already made a query today in another town. And I could see it on the screen, and the others I'd done early this month. I just said I travelled around the region as I was a building surveyor, and was popping into travel shops when I had a break.
She seemed to swallow it, but I felt I had to abandon the third as it would look totally sus.
I let 'eggs' know what had happened and why I had to drop the assignment.

But anyway. Nice one Man City
# 615
DevilsAdvocate1
Old 30-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
No, it was for the 'eggs/baguettes' company. I was in the second travel shop and was watching the screen. She entered my details and then commented that I'd already made a query today in another town. And I could see it on the screen, and the others I'd done early this month. I just said I travelled around the region as I was a building surveyor, and was popping into travel shops when I had a break.
She seemed to swallow it, but I felt I had to abandon the third as it would look totally sus.
I let 'eggs' know what had happened and why I had to drop the assignment.

But anyway. Nice one Man City
I know it says not to in the notes, but I have always given a different name and address rather than giving my real details. I've not been pulled up for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to DevilsAdvocate1 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 616
THRIFTY GIRL
Old 30-04-2012, 10:46 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Gyp petrol station audits

Hi

I see these are available on Gyp today. I applied and was automatically rejected. Does anyone know why I might be rejected?

Thanks

TGirl
MFiT - T2 # 64start date: 1.7.09 MFW end date: 31.10.17
Start balance: 205,746.51 Month 18/100..paid 13.50%
Current balance: 177,977.07 (updated 18.12.10)
Target 12.12.12: From 194,000 to 140,000
MFI-3 reductions: 16,023/54,000 achieved (29.67%)
# 617
S0litaire
Old 30-04-2012, 10:51 PM

Send a message via ICQ to S0litaire Send a message via MSN to S0litaire Send a message via Yahoo to S0litaire Send a message via Skype™ to S0litaire

The pain! the pain!! Don't you hate it when the dates don't match up for the good jobs!!

Was going to set up a nice day out for me and my mum ^_^

I need a new bed and was going to borrow my mums car and take her out for a nice meal at the same time. But the site have the jobs on consecutive days not the same one!
Laters
Sol
"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
# 618
N.I.M
Old 30-04-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Graeme View Post
There really wasn't much lower they could go was there?
Jobs are sticking now if they reduce fees further they will not get them done.
Oh there was, look at RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi1234 View Post
I know barbz, but to each their own. The beds tend to get snapped up quite fast near me. I guess if someone is really short of cash, they will do them at that rate.

Again with the RA rates, someone swiped a toy shop with a fee so low I would not even get a leg out of bed for.
Still not able to see any work from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THRIFTY GIRL View Post
Hi

I see these are available on Gyp today. I applied and was automatically rejected. Does anyone know why I might be rejected?

Thanks

TGirl
You need to request to do petrol audits rather than MS visits. If I had the choice over again I wouldn't be doing the Auditing.
# 619
Workie Ticket
Old 01-05-2012, 6:03 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.I.M View Post
You need to request to do petrol audits rather than MS visits. If I had the choice over again I wouldn't be doing the Auditing.
I would rather be doing the auditing. I have seen hardly any GYP MS petrol visits but I have had a load of audits some with hefty premiums.
# 620
sethipushpinder
Old 01-05-2012, 7:01 AM
MoneySaving Convert

You need to request to do petrol audits rather than MS visits. If I had the choice over again I wouldn't be doing the Auditing.[/QUOTE]

Can you please explain why you will not be doing petrol auditing?
Closed Thread