IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Enforcement by distraint
Closed Thread
Views: 5,993
# 81
CornishWildFlower
Old 08-04-2012, 1:47 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmlindyloo View Post
[/B]

No-one is saying that they don't have a right to say it.

You say that you don't feel the need to delve into other threads that FB has written.

In my case I haven't delved into other posts but have 'met' him on the way as I've been trying to help other posters.

He very rarely gives advice (surely the aim of this forum?) but just, it seems to me, enjoys winding people up until they get mad. He seems to be totally insensitive to anyone's situation.

I'm not going to post any more about this. In the end it just 'feeds' the troll.
I would say that being howled down and decried consistently is very much denying a person their right to speak, apart from being the height of bad manners.
The Following User Says Thank You to CornishWildFlower For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 82
antonic
Old 08-04-2012, 1:54 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Your post #72 to my post #71.

If I mistook your reply to my post as having a dig @ HMRC I apologise it was a misunderstanding on my part.

But the point about being in the HMRC enforcement process stands, engage with them and you will get a more positive outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheezy57 View Post
Antonic - your change of tone from post 71 to your latest is somewhat confusing.
I was so pleased by your earlier post and then you drop a horror on 74? What happened inbetween?
LBM Sept 2005 spoke to Payplan - brilliant !
Dec 2005 debt 21.959.64 + HBOS Int 1769.32
June 2013 debt 0.00
DF status confirmed by email 10/07/13
DFW Long Hauler 297

Last edited by antonic; 08-04-2012 at 2:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to antonic For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 83
wheezy57
Old 09-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornishWildFlower View Post
I have read the entire thread and I don't feel the need to delve into other threads FB has contributed to. There is more than an element of manipulation (bordering on bullying) going on here, and not on FB or DSeventy's part.

You may not like what they say but, they have every right to say it.
Of course they do - never said they didnt. As for bullying. Do you think that asking for advice and stating the position honestly and as simply as I can - and then having to repeat myself you call that manipulating possibly bullying. Youve lost me on that one...
# 84
wheezy57
Old 09-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmlindyloo View Post
[/B]

No-one is saying that they don't have a right to say it.

You say that you don't feel the need to delve into other threads that FB has written.

In my case I haven't delved into other posts but have 'met' him on the way as I've been trying to help other posters.

He very rarely gives advice (surely the aim of this forum?) but just, it seems to me, enjoys winding people up until they get mad. He seems to be totally insensitive to anyone's situation.

I'm not going to post any more about this. In the end it just 'feeds' the troll.
pmlindyloo, I am sorry you are going as I have truly appreciated your posts. You are right though - it just all feeds this/these trolls and they cant get enough.

I shant post anymore either as I am now being called manipualting and borderline bullying. How sad the way this forum goes when all I asked was advice and what-to-do-next. I got told in no uncertain terms didnt I with the back up of some other rather misguided posters. Still, there you go - thats life. I would rather be in mine than be in any way part of theirs. I can feel the heat from their halos from here.

pmlindylou - thanks again. And I wish you well for the future. I shall look out for your posts on other threads..

w57.
The Following User Says Thank You to wheezy57 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 85
wheezy57
Old 09-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonic View Post
Your post #72 to my post #71.

If I mistook your reply to my post as having a dig @ HMRC I apologise it was a misunderstanding on my part.

But the point about being in the HMRC enforcement process stands, engage with them and you will get a more positive outcome.
That is definitely the way forward. I am not an agressive or confrontational person - just standing up for myself. I have sat all day and gone through every single award notice that they have sent me and there is not figure that tallies with anything else. Its a crazy confusing situation. At one point they have me working for Bucks County Council! I live in Cumbria and have done for 35 years. If it wasnt so serious I would laugh (not funny ha ha either). One last point - I am still getting Working Tax Credit to the tune of 3 a week. All legit and above board..so what has gone wrong is beyond me. But thanks though for helpful posts - much appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to wheezy57 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 86
wheezy57
Old 09-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornishWildFlower View Post
I would say that being howled down and decried consistently is very much denying a person their right to speak, apart from being the height of bad manners.
Howled down, decried - whaaaaatttttt. They have never been denied the right to speak throughout the thread. Its just the delivery of some of their comments were taken in the spirit they were given. Nasty trollish and unecessary. Bad manners! Oh for goodness sake go and eat a pasty or something. Interpret that how you like.....
# 87
fogartyblue.
Old 09-04-2012, 2:48 PM
PPR
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Howled down, decried - whaaaaatttttt. They have never been denied the right to speak throughout the thread. Its just the delivery of some of their comments were taken in the spirit they were given. Nasty trollish and unecessary. Bad manners! Oh for goodness sake go and eat a pasty or something. Interpret that how you like.....
And who is being nasty again????
# 88
wheezy57
Old 10-04-2012, 7:14 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogartyblue. View Post
And who is being nasty again????
Asking someone to go and get a pasty is nasty. Oh dear its time for you go just stop posting.
# 89
wheezy57
Old 10-04-2012, 7:15 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

On this thread in particular. Helpful and informative posters are more than welcome - you are not.
# 90
sharnad
Old 12-04-2012, 9:07 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Did you get through on any of the numbers yet
# 91
wheezy57
Old 12-04-2012, 5:55 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharnad View Post
Did you get through on any of the numbers yet
No! I have done as much as I can at the moment (within my capabilities) with emails, registered letters and MP. The phone numbers are just not available. I wonder why they put it on the letter and then when one tries to get through they are unavailable!!

Thank you for your interest though.
# 92
sharnad
Old 12-04-2012, 6:58 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
No! I have done as much as I can at the moment (within my capabilities) with emails, registered letters and MP. The phone numbers are just not available. I wonder why they put it on the letter and then when one tries to get through they are unavailable!!

Thank you for your interest though.

Hopefully your MP will get you an answer
The Following User Says Thank You to sharnad For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 93
wheezy57
Old 13-04-2012, 5:54 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharnad View Post
Hopefully your MP will get you an answer
They have phoned whilst I was at work today of which I have left a message on their answering machine. I rang the numbers given today at regular intervals and all I got was that the line was out of order!! So I feel another letter this weekend and then faxing - if thats not out of order. We shall see!!!

Thanks for enquiring
Closed Thread