Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    wheezy57
    Enforcement by distraint
    • 5th Apr 12, 11:40 AM
    Enforcement by distraint 5th Apr 12 at 11:40 AM
    Hi everyone. I have just had a letter saying that the IR are going to send in the heavies to pick up goods from my house to the amount of 5,114.50 for over payment of WTC and CTC going back 9 years. I have kept all paperword going that far back and I am at a loss as to why they think I owe this to them - immediately. I have tried ringing the helpline but it is unavailable. In 2008 I had the same letter - but for different reasons ie not the same debt - and I tried to contact them and they said I had to fill in a TC846 form - it never arrived. After that I tried ringing and ringing but that number came unavailable. I presumed they had made a mistake and that was that. Until today. I cannot get any help and I am so scared some big bloke is (and in the words on that letter an authorised officer will seize your possessions ......without notice).

What on earth can I do now. Who can speak to if their phone isnt working? I am certain beyond any doubt at all that I do not owe this money and it is an error on their part. I can prove income, bank statements, expenditure etc till I am blue in the face - but realistically I fear it will be to no avail. David and Goliath before the slingshot.

Does anyone else have any experience with this? and can you offer me any help or assurances and indeed guide as to what I do now?
Page 5
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

412Posts Today

2,470Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks to @CBBC_Hacker for sending us our own Hacker, baby MSE is smitten. Altight cocker. http://t.co/mdVVz56YHD

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• Follow Martin