Plusnet changed format of e mails.

Anyone else annoyed with Plusnet changing to Beta format for e mails?

It is horrible, small print,no save e mail option and they did not see fit to inform their customers prior to changing.

I need large print on my screens and apparently there is no option to do this.
I am sooo angry, have complained to no avail,'This is the new format we are now using.' may as well have said , 'hard cheese it is our decision'. No apologises for not informing customers.:mad:
You live..You learn.:)

Comments

• espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    OK we get the message - you don't like the new Plusnet e-mail format.

Rather than ranting, why don't you simply use an e-mail client e.g. Thunderbird here and you can configure the font size etc. so that it displays how you want it to.

The use of your ISP's e-mail is not compulsory, there are many other providers that you could use and it would make switching away from Plusnet much easier.

"You live..You learn" - apparently!
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • Plusnet_company_representative
    Plusnet_company_representative Posts: 475 Organisation Representative
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear you don't like it.
    renegade wrote: »
    Anyone else annoyed with Plusnet changing to Beta format for e mails?

It is horrible, small print,no save e mail option and they did not see fit to inform their customers prior to changing.

You can save emails. There's a button on the compose window that lets you do this.

We gave customers plenty of notice. We've been discussing it for years over on our Community Site forums, we opened the platform up for test testing last December and I posted a service announcement in advance of the work taking place. I also published this blog article yesterday.
    I need large print on my screens and apparently there is no option to do this.

Altering the size of the text should be easy enough using the functionality of your web browser. In most popular web browsing applications you can hold the Control key on your keyboard and the + and - keys to increase/decrease the size of the text on your screen.
    I am sooo angry, have complained to no avail,'This is the new format we are now using.' may as well have said , 'hard cheese it is our decision'. No apologises for not informing customers.:mad:

Presumably you're aware that you can still access the old platform if you'd rather use that by clicking the 'basic webmail' link on the login page or browsing to http://webmail.plus.net/squirrelmail ?

Best regards,

Bob Pullen.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Plusnet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • renegade wrote: »
    ............<snipped>.............................
    As the Plusnet Rep has pointed out there are options for all the points you have raised, as for saving drafts, there is also an automatic setting in "Personal Settings" along with many other functions.

Perhaps instead of just ranting first, you had checked the basics, perhaps also learn how to use your browser to the full - look on the View drop down menu for the zoom function (in addition to the <ctrl> +/- keys) and if you still aren't sure, why not try Asking!

Plusnet have been advertising the impending changes for some time and made a Service Announcement last week, perhaps you should keep an eye on their website, their blogs and their forums. They don't do things differently from many other companies, except their Customer Service is usually second to none!
  • Small fonts on-screen can be annoying - we don't all have the eyesight of carrot fed rabbits - so a better option would be to try a standalone eMail client. I use webmail for quickly checking stuff but use a client for downloading and keeping a copy of eMails I want to keep - and there are several you can use, mostly free too!

Personally I can recommend Pegasus Mail - I've used it for years and it connects to most POP/SMTP mail servers, it can take a few minutes to set up but once it's done - it's done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure