Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    teachergirl
    So now I have a solar PV system how do I make the most of it???
    • 2nd Jan 11, 8:25 PM
    So now I have a solar PV system how do I make the most of it??? 2nd Jan 11 at 8:25 PM
    Dear all. I know there are several threads about solar PV but many of them are debating whether or not they are a good idea and if the free ones are worth having. All of which is valid debate. Stuck in the middle of some of these threads I have found the odd tip about how to make the most of the generated electricity but they can be difficult to pick out.
    So I wondered if we could have a new thread where people share their tips for making the most of the electricity that they generate.
    Our system was put up just before Christmas in a snow storm. We haven't exactly generated much electricity but as we are all at home for the holidays we have changed our usage habits and used our appliances during the day. When we go back to work we will have to use the timing devices to get our appliances to come on during daylight. Now at the moment that is the only thing I can think of doing. However I have picked up so many handy tips from these forums I wondered if we could share our ideas as there are bound to be some clever people out there who have lots of MSE ideas
    Thanking you all in advance

Official MoneySavingExpert insert: There are some great hints and tips on how to get the most from solar panels. Thanks to all who contributed!
    Last edited by Former MSE Debs; 21-02-2012 at 8:19 PM.
    Paid off mortgage early, still working to help kids through uni then planning to retire.
    Declutter challenge 56/364
Page 107
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

551Posts Today

4,022Users online

Martin's Twitter