Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Penny-Pincher!!
    Advice On Daughter Please!
    • 3rd May 05, 9:57 AM
    Advice On Daughter Please! 3rd May 05 at 9:57 AM
    Hi There

Not sure if this is the right place for this :confused:

My daughter is 10 and quite fussy with food etc.

For her packed lunch I normally give her a sandwich/roll with either marmite, cheese, ham or choc spread(once a week max). She also has a piece of fruit, squash, low fat crisps and raisins in a bag. Reading all your suggestions-Im now unsure whether this is a healthy packed lunch

She eats well at home and eats her 5 portions of fruit and veg a day etc, we dont have take aways and I make everything from scratch. All meals are what I call "normal" meals, roasts, chops, toad in hole, spag bol, curry, chilli, cheesy pasta, etc, etc. Normally all meals are served with potatoes and at least 2 veg, unless pasta or rice etc.

I was thinking about cooking up some chicken pieces and doing rice/pasta & chicken for her packed lunch, but unsure how I should store this, can I freeze it etc etc???? Also, was thinking about making some HM sausage rolls & quiches-but have never made these before and was wondering again-how do I make these and how should they be stored??? Also the cheese straws???

If anyone can suggest any other ideas-I would be truly grateful!!

Thanks
    Penny-Pincher!!
    XXXX
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,266Posts Today

7,977Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Rare Tesco 500 extra pts code (worth £5-£20) for new AND exist cust if you do £60+ online food shop. Ends tomorrow http://t.co/3PBwqjFNRb RT

• RT @lalahiggins33: @MartinSLewis thanks to your piece on Victoria Derbyshire last week I'm nearly a grand richer due to MIS sold package ba?

• I'm limbering up for my new @itvthismorning "do it or don't" slot. I'm meant to have the wisdom of Solomon, wisdom of a salmon's closer

• Follow Martin