Comments

• tkwad
    tkwad Posts: 183
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    where can i get a voucher from?
  • Kaye1
    Kaye1 Posts: 538 Forumite
    I would recommend them- I am an 'Angel,' which means I pay £20 each month- however, this summer things are a little tight, so I contacted them to stop the payment. They told me that I could take a payment break for 3 months but still keep the 'perks,' of being an Angel.

I am well aware that it is in their interest to do this but the period of time suited me just fine. They were also exceptionally polite and helpful, which can be a rarity these days.

If you ring them, they will give you a voucher code.

In addition, the wine is excellent.
  • the-e-dealer
    the-e-dealer Posts: 7
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 4 October 2011 at 3:00PM
    rsykes2000 wrote: »
    Another case of not reading what they are doing then coming on here crying 'scam' 'theft' etc...

Rubbish. since when is receiving a voucher , not using and and not reading the small print on it a contract ? I too have been a victim of this scam and have told my bank and Watchdog all about it. So far they have stolen £40 from me.

I wasnt joining any cash back club I just asked for 6 wines at £35 a special offer. Goodness knows how many people are losing £20 a month on their debit card. This is illegal.
  • vuvuzela
    vuvuzela Posts: 3,648 Forumite
    Rubbish. since when is receiving a voucher , not using and and not reading the small print on it a contract ? I too have been a victim of this scam and have told my bank and Watchdog all about it. So far they have stolen £40 from me.

I wasnt joining any cash back club I just asked for 6 wines at £35 a special offer. Goodness knows how many people are losing £20 a month on their debit card. This is illegal.

It's not illegal. Really not.
    It's called signing up for something without actually reading what you are signing.
    Foolishness, plain and simple. Not a scam, not dodgy, just people thinking they are getting a bargain and not looking carefully what they are agreeing to.
  • the-e-dealer
    the-e-dealer Posts: 7
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 4 October 2011 at 3:08PM
    I didnt Sign anything. The chap Simon at Ripoff Wines said at first I had ticked a box. I asked what box. And said I hadnt ticked ANY box. He backed down on that and said Because you accepted the voucher you have agreed to joining this club and paying £20 a month. So If I post a letter in very small print through you door saying you will give me your house if you don't contact me and tell me you dont wish to do so Have you entered a contract if you throw it away without reading it? Do I get your house?
  • vuvuzela
    I didnt Sign anything.

So how did they get your bank details ?
  • vuvuzela
    Oh, and it took me literally 15 seconds to type in their name into google, go to their site and READ THE FAQ.

http://www.nakedwines.com/content/help_faq.htm

Read it - it will tell you why they took the 20 quid and that it CLEARLY isn't stolen, it can be requested back at any time. I will repeat, in big letters as you are clearly hard of sight - YOU DIDN'T READ WHAT YOU SIGNED UP FOR.
  • Yes I am hard of sight. So do they have right to take my money?
  • vuvuzela wrote: »
    So how did they get your bank details ?

I didnt give them my bank details I used a debit card.
  • But if you remember back to your last order we did ask you if you wanted to start earning 33% CashBack on your orders from us...and you said yes.

That what it said on the site but at no time did I ask to start earning 33%. If they had set up a standing order or Direct Debit I MIGHT have believed this scam since this is what DD and SOs are for - regular payment. However they used my debit card. Its a very clever con but IT IS A CON and clearly they have had complaints which is why they have that bit of text on their site.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback