Chloris Posts: 712
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Have updated my signature. Hmmmm..... I will try and do this. :cool:
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Spent €6.15 today, brings total spend to €120.83, leaving €4.27 per day to end of month.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • sproggi
    sproggi Posts: 1,560
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    'We can get over being poor, but it takes longer to get over being ignorant'
    Jane Sequichie Hifler
    Beware of little expenses.A small leak will sink a great ship
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Someone asked earlier why we do T****o etc-well it stops them getting lots of extra advertising etc for starters! Anyway-I went into bu***ns tonight on the offchance of getting marked down goods(whoopsies)and I just realy needed milk.
    I came out with 4 chickens whoopsied@ £2.15 each weighing 1.7 kg per chicken.
    Some rumpsteak, reduced, milk, cakes,bananas,kievs all whoopsies and some salad and cheese full price. Spent just £18.51for £33 worth of goods.
    Just cooked 2 chickensand they are now cooling and will pop in fridge later for tomorrow and Saturday. Now making 2 loaves-one is quick herby bread and another for quick fruit bread-both have no yeast and are quick and easy to make. Recipes to follow.
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • Quick herby bread

400g SR flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 egg
    just under 15fl oz(3/4 pint)milk and water mixed
    30g sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    5 teaspoons heaped of mixed herbs

Mix all dry ingredients
    Beat egg in a jug and make up to 15 fl oz with the milk and water
    Mix the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
    This makes a batter type mix. Pour this into a loaf tin and bake on gas mark 4 /180 deg for approx 1 hour until risen and golden.

Fruit bread version
    400g SR flour
    1 teaspoon baking pownder
    30g sugar
    100g sultanas raisins or mixed fruit
    2 teaspoons garam masala or mixed spice if desired
    1 egg
    just under 15 fl oz milk and water mix

Mix all dry ingredients
    Beat egg in a jug and make up to 15 fl oz with the milk and water
    Mix the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
    This makes a batter type mix. Pour this into a loaf tin and bake on gas mark 4 /180 deg for approx 1 hour until risen and golden.

I adapted the herby one from another recipe on this thread or another thread on MSE but have altered the quantities and quantified the liquid rather than using cup measures which a lot of people find difficult to use. I have added baking powder but the original one didn't use it.
    The combinations/possibilities are realy up to you but these are two good cheap basics instead of yeast breads.
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • Sue14
    Sue14 Posts: 987
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    So far this month I have spent £3.88 in L1dl, £31.45 in Mr M's and £18.45 in A1di.
    Weight loss challenge 2/10lbs

• Was nearly a NSD but went into Tescos and bought a local paper, packet of Doritos and four bagels from the bakery which came to £2.16, then I bought a £2 scratchcard and won £4 so a net spend of 16p!!

used up the last of my Aldi chicken tonight in a stir fry, so will make soup with the carcass tomorrow which will do lunch for a couple of days. I have to say that the Aldi chickens are so much nicer than Tesco or Asda ones - not that much fat comes out of them and they seem to be less "flabby and wet" as DD1 says. Have got lamb chops out of the freezer for tomorrow night's tea and have plenty of veg and potatoes to go with so maybe I will actually manage a NSD tomorrow!!

Congratulations to Puzzledbubble on the birth of Emilia!

Angelatgraceland - the breads sound good - for some reason I CANNOT make hand kneaded yeast breads so I will give them a go over the weekend!

Am going to try the Honey shreddies coupon thing at Tescos at the weekend. Does anyone know if you have to buy one at a time or can you put three or four through at once?
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • rej-c
    rej-c Posts: 115 Forumite
    Rej-C - can I ask where you got your jogger bottoms x2 £10? Do they do women's sizes too? Is the quality good?

Hi there. They were from Pri*ark, menswear section [small up to XXL sizes, as far as I could see]. I'm afraid I don't know whether they do a women's version - I was in there for only a few minutes sheltering from a sudden downpour during my lunch hour, noticed the tangled heap of joggers with a sign saying 'from £5' sticking out of the top, and thought 'they'll do for Him Indoors during the colder months'. :o

As far as quality goes, he hasn't tried them on yet, so won't give a verdict. But for a fiver a pop, they don't look glaringly tatty, so I'll hope they at least last the winter, but they're not the thickest fabric or anything; I daresay we've got what we paid for.

Will post later with my totals update. No surprise, no NSDs to add...
    Haven't done the GC since February, but a glance at the Tower of Receipts tells me I really need to get back into it... and plenty of other Challenges besides. :o
  • sproggi
    sproggi Posts: 1,560
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Am going to try the Honey shreddies coupon thing at Tescos at the weekend. Does anyone know if you have to buy one at a time or can you put three or four through at once?

I tried it twice today, first time at a normal till and just gave 2 vouchers to SA no problem, second time I went through SS till, first voucher scanned ok, second voucher needed approval which I got.

I think it seems to depend on the SA, I have seen that some are not even letting people use 1 voucher and others are allowing many multiples.

Sproggi
    'We can get over being poor, but it takes longer to get over being ignorant'
    Jane Sequichie Hifler
    Beware of little expenses.A small leak will sink a great ship
    Benjamin Franklin
  • rej-c
    rej-c Posts: 115 Forumite
    Sig total updated to include four spends, two yesterday, two today, none of more than £2.89.

I seem to have also started Christmas treats stocking-up - cake and cookie mixes 32p at Mr T, which was also clearing out ltd edition Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinegar Pringles for 50p a tube - but that's a different purse... :D
    Haven't done the GC since February, but a glance at the Tower of Receipts tells me I really need to get back into it... and plenty of other Challenges besides. :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure