September 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• nicky well done on the bargain trousers

two NSDs so far this week and hoping today will be another

going through the cupbaords using stuff last night ried Quinoa for the first time lightly fried the green stalks of a bunch of spring onions with a few slices of leek and a couple of chopped courgettes added a cup of quinoa cooked for a while longer then added 3 cups of water and left to simmer for abouut 20mins (it really swells up) served it with veggie sausages and cabbage, followed by fresh strawbs and icecream.

jacket pots for dinner today and possibly golden rice or something light for tea, kids will eat earlier, pasta aqnd something.

have a good day all
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • 166million
    166million Posts: 1,233
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hi all, can't keep up with this thread!

My first spend for September budget is £18.16

x
    **Debt Free as of 15:55 on Friday 23rd March 2012**And I am staying that way
    377 166million Sealed Pot Challenge 2018 :staradmin No. 90: Emergency fund £637
    My debt free diary http://http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3630099
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    morning all another nsd today, rejiging my meal, i didn't have any dinner last night so hubby didn't have any either, then late on i heated the spuds and we had them with butter and cheese, so there was loads of casarole left so rather than stretch to stew we can have casarole next week, so were having pizza and chips for tea tonight instead
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    hi...kids back to school today and the heavens have opened...no line drying today which is a shame....got chicken for tea...might do a white sauce and mushrooms with it...sort of pie like but with no pastry...got blackberries for pudding...maybe crumble

got to go shopping later...i always seem to need something...oh well...onward and upward

take care tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • Naomim
    Naomim Posts: 3,117
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    ~Hi All,

Jumping on here although as working on Aug/Sept balance (I get paid mid month)

So technically still my Aug budget I am still within budget at £205.57 with 10 days (2 shops?) left.

For Sept please put me down for £325

Will post more when I'm on lunch break :D

Thanks

Naomi x
    Credit Cards NOV 2019 £33,220.42 Sept 2023 £19,951.00 Tilly Tidy 20223/COLOR] Sept £43.71 Here's my diary: A Ditherer's Diary Again
  • Morning

Children back to school this morning :( The house is wayyy too quiet lol hoping for another NSD today, not going to ventre out in this weather apart from doing the school run this afternoon, going to make some bread and making beef and ale pie for tea, going to make my own pastry :eek:, its been a long time since I've made it, so could end up just being beef and ale casserole :D

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday. :)
  • Hi everyone

Children back at school today and mixed feelings for me. I'm sad to see them looking thoughtful about going and sad that the summer is over, but deep down I know that we all need the routine back!

Anyway the last few days I seem to have spent too much. I spent £22.10 in W**trise on Saturday on 2 chickens, 3 packs of minced beef, 3 packs of sausages, some yoghurts, veg, stock cubes and tea bags. Most of it was on offer and as we don't eat a great deal of meat, that should do us for this month meatwise. I then spent £2.25 in C**p, and another £5.18 in W**trose yesterday on wraps, ham and a couple of other bits for lunch boxes. I have updated my signature and am left with £113.16 to last until 26th Sept. I think I can do it, I will certainly try my best!

Have a good day everyone
    PWx
    June 2022 GC £372.89/£400
    May 2022 GC £439.33/£400

• TrixieB
    TrixieB Posts: 704
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    need a few bits today - or want would be more accurate!! - so my plans for a NSD out the window! fryup for tea, egg bacon, hash brown, beans, black pudding, fried bread, and also will be making some bacon cheese and potato pasties for the freezer :)
    Trying very hard to be frugal and OS - just plodding on and doing my best!
    :money: :money:
    :money:
  • Wow those trousers sound like a good deal!

Got some things from the local shop last week and they've only just taken it out my account, topped it all up and it comes it to a whopping £42.24! Meaning that now I only have £45.45 left in my budget to last for three weeks! I don't think it's going to happen somehow!

Will update my sig now
    £2013 in 2013 £866.71/£2013
    DF by Xmas 2013 #027£841.28/£6000 (14.02%) 12/2
    DFD February 2015 £2,303.63/£19,520.26 (11.80%)
  • cattysmum
    cattysmum Posts: 1,263
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Went for a walk today before the rain came bucketing down!!, needed some eggs from local village shop (free range) £1.25 and a paper Sun 30p but will get money back on that with tesco MOCs inside, will update sig later!
    SPC No. 295 - SPC No10 target £350
    #1603:staradmin/
    SPC 2014 £150/SPC 2015 £256SPC 2016 £324
    Saving for Florida 2018 :j
    Matched betting toe dipper.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts