Virtual phone number for business

Options
2»

Comments

• gazfocus
    gazfocus Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The good thing about Sipgate (we use them) is that when you progress to having an office, you can get actual IP/SIP phones that you can use with your sipgate number. We started with the calls being diverted to a mobile and now have 4 desk phones running off a single sipgate number and it works flawlessly.
  • texranger
    texranger Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I use flextel and have an 0191 number directed to my mobile as i am never in one place long enough to direct to my lankdline. this costs me 4p per call, but as its an 0191 number it gives callers the same rates as a landline and if like me have a mobile plan that gives free calls to UK landlines then it will pick this as a landline
  • billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Options
    texranger wrote: »
    Hi

I use flextel and have an 0191 number directed to my mobile as i am never in one place long enough to direct to my lankdline. this costs me 4p per call, but as its an 0191 number it gives callers the same rates as a landline and if like me have a mobile plan that gives free calls to UK landlines then it will pick this as a landline

Surely it costs 4p a minute not per call.
  • texranger
    Options
    Surely it costs 4p a minute not per call.

no its a Cost of Receiving Calls

http://www.flextel.com/costs/#numbers

i also confirmed this by calling them
  • jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    edited 28 July 2011 at 1:16AM
    Options
    texranger wrote: »
    no its a Cost of Receiving Calls

http://www.flextel.com/costs/#numbers

i also confirmed this by calling them

But it says "All prices are inclusive of VAT. Unless otherwise stated, all prices are in pence per minute and are charged per whole minute or part thereof "

Also clearly says here 4p a minute.;)

http://www.flextel.com/costs/price-bands.html
  • texranger
    Options
    jhp wrote: »
    But it says "All prices are inclusive of VAT. Unless otherwise stated, all prices are in pence per minute and are charged per whole minute or part thereof "

Also clearly says here 4p a minute.;)

http://www.flextel.com/costs/price-bands.html

that is strange as when i setup the number as i was using an 0871 number before they told me that it was 4p per call received and then again when i called them to confirm this after this thread was started they again told me over the phone it was 4p per call received.
  • InsideInsurance
    InsideInsurance Posts: 22,460 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The 4p could be the setup cost of receiving the call and then a 4p per minute for the air time
  • texranger
    Options
    The 4p could be the setup cost of receiving the call and then a 4p per minute for the air time

i was told that all i pay is 4p to receive a call
  • texranger
    Options
    77301773 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've just started with Flextel and it is 4p per min to receive and make calls using one of their geographic landline numbers. If they don't have the area code you require then it takes about 90 days to get this sorted for you.

Whether you divert to a landline or mobile it is still 4p per min, I think they should charge per second though rather than in whole minutes.

Free diverts occur if you choose an 08 number - I think.

Have a look and see if it's right for you:

ww.flextel.com/A153111/

Another good idea I was hoping to use was Vectone's Landline on the Go service, see: vectonemobile.co.uk you pay £9 a month or £75 per year to have a local landline number attached to your mobile and pay no other charges at all for incoming calls whatsoever, outgoing calls are reasonable too. The only major downside and reason I haven't yet took up this service due to the appalling area code selection - just 11 codes out of almost 650 area codes is ridiculous, have complained about this and hopefully if more people do aswell they may add more codes for the service as this could be good if you receive a lot of calls on a landline diverted to mobile.

Another find is Virtuallylocal.co.uk - this looks ok too £10 to buy a basic number in almost every area and then just top up when you need to to.

Thanks

i have been using flextel for many years with an 0871 number, but when these become classified as premium rate and under the control of payphoneplus and their rules of saying that the call chargeb rate must be placed alongside the number on sites and any stationery which was impossible to do on my stationery and sites due to design. flextel offered me a 0191 landline number at 4p per incoming and outgoing call. i clatified this with them several times and so far this is all i have been charged.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure