February 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Small spend today of £2.60 on milk & cobs.
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    £14 spent in Mr S today for this week's groceries. Off to do some baking for tomorrow - scones and coffe and walnut cake
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • minnie2
    minnie2 Posts: 513 Forumite
    rosieben wrote: »
    Pink or zippy usually start a new thread on the 28th of the current month but as Feb is a short month they may start the march thread earlier; maybe keep an eye out from about the 25th Feb.

They usually post on the current thread to let us know when the new thread is up and running ;)

thank you!
    Frugal living challenge - need to revisit its been.a while !! Need to reduce our debts!!
  • Urgh. I have just done an online Mysupermarket shop which has come to £119.21 - I now have to persuade my OH to trudge round the shops getting the cheapest items from the cheapest stores (has to go to 2 different ones anyway as Tesco don't stock a couple of things I get in Asda and vice versa) I am not fit for it at the moment. I reckon if he sticks to the lists it will total about £92 all in, which is my first supermarket shop for about a fortnight, and includes replenishing a lot of my herbs and spices. Hey ho, that should be the entire shop for the month though, barring and milk and fresh meat purchases for that lot! Oops just remembered I didn't put soap powder on the list :(
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Well, the shopping came to £37 so it could have been worse I suppose?
    That did include laundry stuff and some cleaning bits and pieces and some sweets for tonight (staying in) and all the food we need for the week other than some milk.
    I usually spend about £50 so I did just get the essentials this week.
    Roll on payday!

Poo! - Just realised that I forgot Bisto gravy so will send OH to the shop for that tomorrow and hopefully he'll pay!
  • Afternoon All!

Helen - Thinking of you at this difficult time x

Did a weekly shop last night at A**i, had fun packing the shopping bags as left them in the car so had one foot on the trolley as it soooo windy here and it was trying to make a break for freedom!, trying to keep the bags open and in my hand whilst packing my shopping!:mad: DH was in the car listening to talk sports and couldn't see me struggling as the boot was open restricting his view!! L A Z Y G I T!!

Anyway nipped into sainsbugs on the way home for a few bits, got in the house (me carrying 3 bags, DH carrying toliet roll and eggs!) DH then cuts a slice of fruit cake scoffs it whilst I'm unpacking and putting away!!! Hmmm! His excuse "me soo hungee and theres not much to put away!":mad::mad::mad:

Sorry rant over! Thank you for letting me vent to you guys xx

Oops sorry best tell you how much I spent

Sainsbugs £8.93 - Lemonade, Clover, Fishcakes, Bread, Chives, 3x6pks Walkers crisps (DH keeping walkers in business!!)

A**i - £22.08 - Oven Chips, Wine, Milk, Cranberry Juice, Probiotic Drinks, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Cheese Triangles, Ham, Bananas, Rocket, Grapes, Cookies, Cereal Bars, Apples, More Crisps, Eggs and Toblerone! Phew!!

Hope everyone has a fab weekend xx
    Grocery Challange for DH, Me & 2 Fussy Cats (inc Grocerys, Cleaning Products & Cat Food)
    G/C -May £177.04/£235.00 Apr £237.79/£235.00 Mar £226.16 /£235.00
    G/C - Jan £248.52/£235.00 - Feb£214.72/£235.00
    NSD -May 3/31 Apr 10/30 Mar 3/31 Feb 6/28 NSD Jan 3/31
  • Went to Mr T's today and spent £10.51, am still within budget and estimate I will spend anouthr £25 ish by this time next week.

I have a HUGE pot of corned beef stew on the hob (using up all the floppy parsnips and carrots and onions) and am going to make carrot and chickpea curry to freeze this afternoon. Am also going to make a Quorn bolognese and Quorn chilli to freeze tomorrow.

Right, off to meal plan my week!
    *** PROPHECY_GRRL***
    *** DEBT FREE AS OF 17/10/11 - I DID IT!!! ***
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sounds nice prophecy grrl!

I have a tin of corned beef I don't know what to do with - could you pass on your recipe for the stew to chuck my floppy veg into? Ta
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • cat_smith
    cat_smith Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    I LOVE my new meat slicer. Did a roast last night. Would normally have got a couple of sandwiches out of the leftovers. Think I've got enough for about 3 days from this. I'm going to try and get a gammon to cook and see how that does. It's so much cheaper than buying the sliced stuff.

OK. Off to watch rugby. Go Scotland.
    GC Mar 13 £47.36/£150
  • Corned beef stew:
    6 x floppy carrots
    6 x small floppy parnsips
    2 HUGE spuds
    4 small wrinkly onions
    Tin corned beef
    3 x veg stock cubs
    2 tbsp mixed herbs
    Water

Chop all the veg into small pieces and put into a big pot
    Add water - I don't measure but I would guess maybe 2-3 litres?
    Add stock cubes and mixed herbs
    Bring to boil & simmer for 20 mins ish
    Chop corned beef into cm ish cubes and add to pot
    Simmer for 1 hour ish

I don't add salt or pepper but I suppose you could to taste. We eat ours with part baked rolls and butter... Mmmm can't wait for DH to get home now to tuck in!!!
    *** PROPHECY_GRRL***
    *** DEBT FREE AS OF 17/10/11 - I DID IT!!! ***
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family