cheap parking manchester city centre

Comments

• Tracewhy
    Tracewhy Posts: 39 Forumite
    Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. On saturday (17th) I am doing the Manchester shine which of course doesn't finish until the early hours (prob 3am) so of course all public transport is finished.

Does anyone know where in the city (say deansgate or victoria station) that you can park for free, I need to park around 6.30pm till about 3am.

Thanks for your help
  • Parking is free on the road in the city centre between 6pm and 8am.. if you drive into the city and for example if you go down any of the little streets off Deansgate you should find plenty of free spaces (I always find parking off John Dalton Street)

Hope this helps.
  • @Quidco-ette - Why have I never known this?! It cost me £9 to park 9pm-4am last night in a city centre car park. Had only I known it was free on street, it would have cost the petrol only!

So thanks for the tip! Cheap parking for tonights shift then.
  • xellieqx
    xellieqx Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Post
    I live opposite the radiotherapy building of the Christie Hospital (Palatine Road) - doctors are always parking for free in the car park at the back of mine, so I don't see why other people shouldn't do it as well. The bus in to the city centre (or to the university) is only about £.130.
  • bignred05 wrote: »
    I'm off to see Peter Kay at the MEN in May

can anyone suggest a decent & cheap place to park

thanks in advance

There is a small car park opposite the entrance to MEN multi story, not sure if it is only open when events are on but worth looking at
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
  • For the MEN, the old Boddington's factory is now a car park. Pay and Display £3 a day, 24/7.

It's on the corner of Great Ducie Street and New Bridge Street which means it's about 20m away from MEN.
  • ascu05
    ascu05 Posts: 16 Forumite
    i never pay for parking at the MEN, most of the side streets at the bottom of cheetham hill road which are 2 minutes walk from the arena are single yellows so as long as your event is in the evening you can park free of charge, the dodgy blokes waving you into their plot of wasteground dont want you to know this obviously!
  • Kez1983
    Kez1983 Posts: 345 Forumite
    ascu05 wrote: »
    i never pay for parking at the MEN, most of the side streets at the bottom of cheetham hill road which are 2 minutes walk from the arena are single yellows so as long as your event is in the evening you can park free of charge, the dodgy blokes waving you into their plot of wasteground dont want you to know this obviously!

Agreed, thats where I park too!
  • machofairy
    machofairy Posts: 417 Forumite
    ascu05 wrote: »

Is your car guaranteed to be there when you come back?:D
  • Where can we park for 4 days cheaply in Manchester whilst staying with family in Picadilly Gardens?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure