Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FatAndy
    • By FatAndy 2nd Apr 09, 9:16 AM
    • 7,030Posts
    • 14,699Thanks
    FatAndy
    0 WOW
    What's your Woolies going to be?
    • 2nd Apr 09, 9:16 AM
    0 WOW
    What's your Woolies going to be? 2nd Apr 09 at 9:16 AM
    I went past the old Woolies shop in Llandudno yesterday and it's being refitted as a Publishers Book Clearance shop. As an avid reader I'm reasonably happy with this although there was a rumour that Primark were going to take it over which would have been better. Apparently Primark are taking over the old Woolies in Chester.

The funny thing is that PBC had a shop in Llandudno which they closed a couple of years ago. The unit has never been re-let and still has all the PBC signage outside so they already had a ready made shop in the town.
    The fridge is empty, the walls are damp, there's no hot water
    And I look like a tramp and tramps like us
    Baby we were born to walk

Page 14
    • scorpiolady
    • By scorpiolady 30th Jun 09, 8:45 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    scorpiolady
    Worcester Woolies is going to be T K Maxx in August :rolleyes:
    • margaretb
    • By margaretb 2nd Jul 09, 9:19 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    margaretb
    In Devon/Cornwall on holiday, both Newquay and Dawlish empty. Was in Truro last Saturday and was opening day for Poundland (Kirk from Corrie was there opening the store)
  • shetitasatic
    They have recently announced that the rear part of our old Woolies(next to M&S) in Fareham is to be a Next- opening by Christmas and that ' several large high st retailers' are interested in the front section, opposite Wilko and T K Maxx.
    I'm pleased it's going to be Next as it's the main store that's been missing from the shopping centre
    • SHEILA54
    • By SHEILA54 2nd Jul 09, 10:20 PM
    • 1,747 Posts
    • 5,787 Thanks
    SHEILA54
    Woolies in West Wickham is going to be a Carpetright and it is right opposite another carpet shop so I cannot understand why as we are not a main town?
    • jackieb
    • By jackieb 2nd Jul 09, 10:23 PM
    • 26,888 Posts
    • 78,449 Thanks
    jackieb
    Our town centre is dead without Woolies. It's going to be an Iceland. You can't have a look around Iceland like you can have a browse round Woolies. Ours was always busy.
  • zenseeker
    Just found out that our Clevedon branch is being turned into a "Proper Job" DIY store.

In this town, I give it a year before that closes too.
    2013 Wins:
    • dogcat
    • By dogcat 2nd Jul 09, 11:39 PM
    • 21,062 Posts
    • 21,819 Thanks
    dogcat
    My local Woolies in Exeter is still empty. No plans to turn it into anything at the moment. It just stands there looking sorry for itself....
  • echo
    Whats wrong with the poundshop next door to it?
    Originally posted by emay
    referring to the grimsby store that poundshop is crap-better than the smaller one but nowhere as good as a poundland.i too agree it should be a home bargains as whenever i go over to Hull i stock up big time in there
    sarcasm is just one more service i offer
  • back_on_track
    MK woolies is going to be TKmaxx They have a big store in Bletchley already so would've been nice for something else to go there...........like Primark!! now that would make me happy ho hum
    • Money maker
    • By Money maker 4th Jul 09, 4:36 PM
    • 4,387 Posts
    • 9,835 Thanks
    Money maker
    Our town centre is dead without Woolies. It's going to be an Iceland. You can't have a look around Iceland like you can have a browse round Woolies. Ours was always busy.
    Originally posted by jackieb
    Just like our ghost town.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed.

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite!
    • anniemf2508
    • By anniemf2508 4th Jul 09, 6:27 PM
    • 1,835 Posts
    • 6,703 Thanks
    anniemf2508
    Buckingham is going to be M&Co, it opens next month i think
  • chunkymunks
    Bangor (n.ireland not wales) is going to be a B & M . I miss woolies. At least we finally got a decent Laura Ashley
    Whoo hoo! norn iron club member# 395!
    • chelle333
    • By chelle333 23rd Jul 09, 11:59 AM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 2,796 Thanks
    chelle333
    Port talbot (aberavan) wollies is opening as a Home Bargains store late August
    still no news on the neath one
  • mark_cdf
    Port talbot (aberavan) wollies is opening as a Home Bargains store late August
    still no news on the neath one
    Originally posted by chelle333
    Yay! this will be really good for Port Talbot!
  • candyfloss333
    woollies Halifax?
    Anyone any ideas what Woollies in Halifax isgoing to be?:confused:
    • AMMat158
    • By AMMat158 12th Aug 09, 4:45 PM
    • 670 Posts
    • 10,269 Thanks
    AMMat158
    99p store opening in the old Woolies in Christchurch, Dorset tomorrow at 9am

Andrea
    • Zinger549
    • By Zinger549 12th Aug 09, 4:57 PM
    • 907 Posts
    • 537 Thanks
    Zinger549
    Wanstead one supposed to be a Tesco Express but they are having problems getting the alcohol licence. Been a petition by local residence and shopkeepers to stop them for getting a licence.
    addict
    Come on you Irons
  • Jo_Mc
    Cannock Woolies is going to be a Poundland
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 13th Aug 09, 1:18 AM
    • 11,643 Posts
    • 11,199 Thanks
    jenniewb
    Lewisham Woolies is going to be an H&M, -am SO GLAD its not going to be another pound shop or chav/sports shop (as oppose to a proper sports shop like Runners Need) I do like H&M but could have done with something that wasn't the same as the rest of Lewisham high street- a bike (push bike) shop would have been fantastic...
    • mum26
    • By mum26 13th Aug 09, 9:44 AM
    • 1,475 Posts
    • 1,458 Thanks
    mum26
    Does anyone know what Bedford Woolies is going to be?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,187Posts Today

9,043Users online

Martin's Twitter