Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    MSE Martin
    Free Eye Test at Boots
    • 2nd May 06, 1:33 PM
    Free Eye Test at Boots 2nd May 06 at 1:33 PM
    What is it?

It's possible to get a free eye test at Boots by joining the Boots Health Club online (which is free to join).

How does it work

You sign up at http://www.bootshealthclub.com/healthclub/signup.html fill in your details and included in your welcome pack is a free eye test voucher (usual cost £20).

What's the catch?

The Boots health club is a marketing scheme, it's aim is to grab your email and then send you online and offline marketing about Boots in order to generate your loyalty. This means there is no 'tick the box' not to receive mailings button. However you can still cancel your membership once you've had the free eye test.

Another quick note, amongst the details it asks you for is your mobile phone number, yet there's no need to enter this (it should stop any 'marketing texts').

Martin

Last edited by MSE Archna; 02-05-2006 at 1:46 PM.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,592Posts Today

7,948Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Rare Tesco 500 extra pts code (worth £5-£20) for new AND exist cust if you do £60+ online food shop. Ends tomorrow http://t.co/3PBwqjFNRb RT

• RT @lalahiggins33: @MartinSLewis thanks to your piece on Victoria Derbyshire last week I'm nearly a grand richer due to MIS sold package ba?

• I'm limbering up for my new @itvthismorning "do it or don't" slot. I'm meant to have the wisdom of Solomon, wisdom of a salmon's closer

• Follow Martin