Orlando Florida/Disneyworld (Part 2) *CLOSED*

Options

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I tend to agree regarding having the 14 day tickets as I like to pop to say Epcot for the evening fireworks after spending the day elsewhere or indeed a morning in a Disney park then Seaworld for the evening and the 14 days ticket gives you this flexibility at not much extra cost.
  • haziec
    haziec Posts: 379 Forumite
    Options
    I tend to agree regarding having the 14 day tickets as I like to pop to say Epcot for the evening fireworks after spending the day elsewhere or indeed a morning in a Disney park then Seaworld for the evening and the 14 days ticket gives you this flexibility at not much extra cost.

We are the same Edinburghlass, its better to do that.
    last time we parked in Epcot, took the monorail to magic kingdom for the pm parade and back to Epcot for the fireworks.
    ps assume you are in Edinburgh,? great city my lovely dear departed Aunt came from there
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi again

We've finally found a car hire place that will take a debit card and a deposit and not need a credit card so we can book this weekend:j( Advantage Rent A Car)

Now my next question is has anyone been on the Simpsons ride? Is it good?:rotfl: Is it fast?:eek: Bumpy?:eek: etc OH loves rides but I'm a bit of a girly blouse with some rides but try to try something new each visit

I love Florida and I'm really looking forward to it now

Cuddles:rotfl: :rotfl:
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • Amy83
    Amy83 Posts: 451 Forumite
    Options
    atro1 wrote: »
    Well that should cover the first trips to Walmart and the Nike outlet!!!:beer:

The first and hopefully the second :rotfl:
    Aiming for that elusive 'debt free' by Christmas 2012
    :rudolf: [STRIKE]£6,000[/STRIKE] £4,279 and counting... #217 paid off £1721 :rudolf:

23.01.2012 - Started diet (Weight loss 22 / 31lbs)
  • Amy83
    Options
    HAZIEC wrote: »
    Theres a ticket supplier on Quidco who gives cashback that I may try.

Hi Haziec, which ticket supplier is on Quidco and whats the cashback? I've had a gander but can't see anything (it's probably staring me in the face knowing me...)
    :rudolf: [STRIKE]£6,000[/STRIKE] £4,279 and counting... #217 paid off £1721 :rudolf:

• Amy83
    Options
    cuddlymarm wrote: »

Now my next question is has anyone been on the Simpsons ride? Is it good?:rotfl: Is it fast?:eek: Bumpy?:eek: etc OH loves rides but I'm a bit of a girly blouse with some rides but try to try something new each visit

I love Florida and I'm really looking forward to it now

Cuddles:rotfl: :rotfl:

The simpsons ride isn't scary in the slightest - it's a 3D simulator rather than a rollercoaster (thought its a rollercoaster in the simulator...) If you've been before it's the old Back To The Future ride that's just been revamped

I really enjoyed it, you should definately give it a go!

Glad you managed to sort the car hire out too :)

• vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    Options

I have an annual pass for exactly the same reason. I love being able to just pop to Epcot for an evening concert and Illuminations. You can't beat the flexibility that extra days give you, and the cost doesn't ramp up sharply once you've paid for the initial seven days. I have several friends who work for Disney in Orlando, one in a role that was close to ticketing decisions, and their view was that the initial seven days catches almost everyone from America (on shorter vacation time) and they aren't really too worried if they don't get big upcharges from Brits staying for longer. Anyone who goes to Universal knows that the American/overseas mix is much more "foreign" there. Americans with a few days will go to Disney as their first port of call. Brits/Brazilians/other Europeans/Australians etc with longer holidays are therefore more commonplace at Universal. Offering cheaper long period tickets, and other incentives like Magical Express, are ploys to keep you in Disney, spending money on food and souvenirs for as long as possible and not going to the competition.

As an aside, I wonder if Epcot will get busier as an evening entertainment venue when Pleasure Island shuts down, or whether that will push more people "off-property".
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Amy83 wrote: »
    Hi Haziec, which ticket supplier is on Quidco and whats the cashback? I've had a gander but can't see anything (it's probably staring me in the face knowing me...)

http://www.quidco.com/attractiontix/

Our first evening has to be spent having fish and chips on a bench while watching Illuminations, okay I know a bit British with the fish and chips :o

and I agree about the concerts at Epcot having been twice during the Flower Power season although my teen did object after the third time of watching Davy Jones on two consecutive nights :D

As a small aside best view of the fireworks at MK was being up with the driver of the monorail (just ask) from Epcot as they started and then jumping on the ferry to TTC and watching them from the ferry.
  • hughmungas1986
    Options
    Hi there,

Just after some advice.

Does any body know if there are Disney tickets available for two or three days as opposed to a 7,14 or 21 day ultimate ticket ? OR would I have to pay each day on the gate ??

hughmungas
    Mortgage :- Jan 2008 £56000, August 2012 £ 0
    Target :- 1 Apr 2010 £20000... ACHIEVED
    Whiskey bottle £279 banked. Mortgage Pikachu £2 + 50p £1920 banked
    Mortgage Free In Three No. 113
    Mortgage free date, 30 July 2012 :j:beer:
  • Nala
    Nala Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,

Just after some advice.

Does any body know if there are Disney tickets available for two or three days as opposed to a 7,14 or 21 day ultimate ticket ? OR would I have to pay each day on the gate ??

hughmungas

You can buy 3 day Magic Your Way tickets here and 2 & 3 day tickets here. I've used both these companies for tickets in the past and they send real tickets not vouchers and received the tickets within a few days of ordering.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure