Options

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Amy83 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the quick response :beer:

They don't say on them that they're the non-expiry ones, so I'm guessing that means they're not...they were called Magic Your Way Premium or something like that, looking at some ticket websites it seems they ran out two weeks after they were first used. Ah well, back to trying to find the cheapest possible tickets!

You can now extend the life of these particular UK tickets to non-expiring but it must be done in the parks before the 14 day expiry date and costs $70 to $100.

edited to add quote

Premium tickets will expire 14 days from first use unless the upgrade option is purchased to extend un-used days/visits so they are valid for life. Please note that the exact price depends upon gate prices, but is in the region of $70 - $100 incl. tax. This element must be purchased locally.. Parking is not included in your Disney ticket price.
    • Additional Benefits:
      • These Magic Your Way Premium Disney tickets afford you the freedom to visit more than one Disney theme park on the same day, should you wish to do so. There is an option to upgrade unused days so that they never expire: This upgrade option is available for purchase at the front gate. (Please note that this element is not pre-bookable, and can only be purchased at the theme parks).
      • Use of the FASTPASS facilities and the Walt Disney World transportation system.
  • KarenG
    KarenG Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Options
    Unless it has changed very recently, the only way to check if there are any days left on a Disney ticket is at Guest Relations at Walt Disney World. There are locations in all the parks as well as at Downtown Disney.

You cannot do it online or over the phone (unless it has changed recently).

You can't do it in the Disney Store (UK).
  • Lynneth
    Lynneth Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    ahrimaniac wrote: »
    Can I ask a quick question? I'm not sure people will know the answer but worth a try -

The last year we spent a week at the Metropolitan Express on International Drive, and it was perfect - dead cheap, but a lovely, simple hotel (£22 a night). We then went onwards and stayed at Disney to do the parks.

We want to repeat this - but we can't book the Metropolitan Express through any booking agents, like Expedia, for January 2009. Is it unusual, or is it that we're trying too far in advance? How could I find out if it was perhaps being refurbished?

Thanks!

Hi

Here's a link to the hotel's website - contact them directly, they are sure to know what's going on!

http://www.orlandometropolitanexpress.com/index.html
  • Amy83
    Amy83 Posts: 451 Forumite
    Options
    So it's looking likely we've not got spare days left - as we didn't pay any extra when we got there. Will take them just on the off chance though, thanks everyone!
    Thanks Amy83. have you bought your tickets yet? I know the reveiws seem mixed but since under new management it seems to have improved? any suggestions on how many days to spend at disney TIA X :j I'm soooo excited

I've not bought tickets yet, kind of waiting til I some money through (long story - but my other half has probably won £6k on an online casion,at least he should have done, but we're not booking anything til the money comes through just in case...) but I've done all the research in anticipation and am poised ready to book:j

Have you sorted your flights yet? Hope you manage to get some good prices this close.

I'm probably not the best person to ask about how long to spend at places. All the websites I looked at said you'd need at least 1 full day at each of the parks, and 2 at some of them - yet my boyfriend and I were leaving most of them by midday ish, but we don't have kids. You're probably looking at a couple of days each for Magic Kingdom and Epcot with kids in tow, especially if it's their first time. There is so so much to see! Have you looked at http://www.thedibb.co.uk/ ? That's a really useful forum for everything disney and there's an itineraries section you could have a look at to see other peoples plans and work out your own plans from there.

One thing I would recommend is to get to the parks as early as you can - as soon they open really, as the queues/crowds are minimal first thing in the morning, so you can be on and off the main rides in a matter of minutes (make a beeline for them when you first go in) whereas later on you could be queuing for an hour or two
    Aiming for that elusive 'debt free' by Christmas 2012
    :rudolf: [STRIKE]£6,000[/STRIKE] £4,279 and counting... #217 paid off £1721 :rudolf:

23.01.2012 - Started diet (Weight loss 22 / 31lbs)
  • ahrimaniac
    ahrimaniac Posts: 714 Forumite
    Options
    Lynneth - you're a treasure - thank you!
    Comping wins this month: 2 x business class flights anywhere we like | Horse vitamins (!) | New kettle | Motorcycling prints | Signed LPs | Thanks to all!
  • ioksane
    ioksane Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    Hi just a quick one,

if any of you are interested. Some friends of mine hired a car, when traveling to Orlando, and they booked it online.

the site they booked off was:
    121 carhire
    or there is also
    121 carhire UK

Hope this helps :)
  • atro1
    atro1 Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Amy
    quote:-
    I've not bought tickets yet, kind of waiting til I some money through (long story - but my other half has probably won £6k on an online casion

Well that should cover the first trips to Walmart and the Nike outlet!!!:beer:
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • haziec
    haziec Posts: 379 Forumite
    Options
    Please help we're considering a last minute first time trip to florida on saturday! I'd love any help or advice please. we're looking at staying in the travellodge on international drive (as it seems a bargain) and we'd like some ideas on were to visit with kids 15 and 8 (gutted 18yr old won't come with us). where to purchase tickets as dollar rate is great at mo. all help appreciated my head is spinning with all the organising but I do like a challenge!! TIA X

Fantastic! you will have a brill time, just booked our third trip to Orlando staying on I drive.
    There are lots of good places to eat, two we loved were Bill Wong and Red Tomatoes. Like Sizzler for a large brekkie buffet then didnt particularly eat in the parks.
    Also your kids will like Pirates Cove or one of the other mini golfs on I drive, great fun after dinner to work it off.
    If you are at the Convention center end of I drive, cut into Universal boulevard if you are going to Universal as we drove up I drive the first time and it can take ages.
    Read, read and print off stuff from the very useful websites like www.thedibb.co.uk which another poster mentioned to get parade times etc.
    Stock up with water/drinks from Walmart, google to find nearest but think its on John Young Parkway. Get the discount voucher books to save money. from any mall or even some of the buffet restaurants do them.
    Have some USA change for the tolls out of the airport if you have a hire car.

too much stuff to list here, have a great time and I bet your 18 year old will go next time when he hears about it!
    :cool:
  • aspick
    Options
    Already booked our first trip to Orlando in March/April next year. It's a 14 day trip with a Villa in the Disney area.

Now considering the theme park tickets - we have 2 kids but they will be 9 and 11 at the time of travel so the 11 year old will get classed as an adult for the tickets. Hence we need 3 adults and 1 child tickets.

Now the easiest for me is to go for both the 14 day Disney Ultimate and then the Orlando Flexticket (not the Plus as we can't see ourselves driving to Busch gardens this time around). Overall I can't find a better deal for 2009 tickets than around £1100+ for all of that and I've looked in loads of places so far.

Does anyone think though that for first timers to Orlando that this will be too much? ie. trying to cram in as much of the Disney, Universal and Seaworld parks (including the waterparks) into 14 days and also hoping for at least 2 days rest (shopping!) ???

Perhaps I'd be better off saving a bit of money by going for a 7 day Disney pass and then skimping a bit on some of the other parks/waterparks ?
  • haziec
    haziec Posts: 379 Forumite
    Options
    aspick wrote: »
    Already booked our first trip to Orlando in March/April next year. It's a 14 day trip with a Villa in the Disney area.

Now considering the theme park tickets - we have 2 kids but they will be 9 and 11 at the time of travel so the 11 year old will get classed as an adult for the tickets. Hence we need 3 adults and 1 child tickets.

Now the easiest for me is to go for both the 14 day Disney Ultimate and then the Orlando Flexticket (not the Plus as we can't see ourselves driving to Busch gardens this time around). Overall I can't find a better deal for 2009 tickets than around £1100+ for all of that and I've looked in loads of places so far.

Does anyone think though that for first timers to Orlando that this will be too much? ie. trying to cram in as much of the Disney, Universal and Seaworld parks (including the waterparks) into 14 days and also hoping for at least 2 days rest (shopping!) ???

Perhaps I'd be better off saving a bit of money by going for a 7 day Disney pass and then skimping a bit on some of the other parks/waterparks ?

I dont think that getting the 7 day ticket is much cheaper than the 14 day one?????. At least a 14 days one lets you spread your park visits out and do half a park on one day and half on another (if you see what I mean?) Waterparks are included on both tickets.
    Theres a ticket supplier on Quidco who gives cashback that I may try.
    We are in the same situation, going in March / April and we will get the 14 day Disney and the Flex tickets as well, even planning Busch as well, we are like kids in a candy store (ie can't get enough of the parks) and if your kids don't tire easily you would probably get full use of the tickets you mention. We didnt go to Busch the first or second time. Shopping we fitted in by going say in a morning - park pm or later in the evening. Depends on your stamina and how much you want to buy!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure