PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Beef Wellington Recipe Needed Pls!

Options
Hi
I am cooking 2 Christmas Day meals - one on the day and the other on Boxing Day. I am having more people on Boxing Day so have decided on Nigella's Coke Ham, and on Christmas Day I would like to do Beef Wellington. However, I am 7 months pregnant just now so cant have pate - so would like to make individual Beef Wellingtons - adjusting mine obviously. Also what veg would be good with this - thanks in advance!

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi poohzee,

If you look on google there are lots of recipes for individual Beef Wellington.

For the veg, I'd go with whats in season at the moment or just choose your favourite vegetables.

Pink
  • computerwoman
    Options

Pls be nice to all MSer's
    There's no such thing as a stupid question, and even if you disagree courtesy helps.
    Tomorrow never come's as today is yesterday and tomorrow is today:confused:

MERRY CHRISTMAS FELLOW MSer's:xmastree:
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't put the pate in a beef wellington as there are lots of mushroom-haters in my family, I just make a thick mushroom sauce (like a runny pate) & put it on the table in a jug then people can choose. I have also been known to replace the mushroom pate with caramalised red onions, which worked beautifully & I would recommend it but be warned it has traditionalists turning in their graves!:rolleyes:

HTH;)
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • poohzee
    poohzee Posts: 439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks all:j
  • Bongedone
    Bongedone Posts: 2,457 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't skip the pancake stage as the pastry will end up soggy. I have heard that Chinese pancakes are better than standard ones as they are not as rich (if you can find them in your supermarket).
  • scorchio75
    Options
    I've used this recipe before - mostly because I don't really like pat! - and it's always turned out pretty nicely...One thing to note if you're going to be using a large piece of fillet is that you should try and get a pice from the middle of the fillet, if poss. (It's got a more uniform shape for a start!)

There's a video of Gordon's recipe on You Tube.

Good luck...and, yum!

p.s. Good old roast potatoes, assorted roast veg, fine beans and a good gravy/meaty saucewill suit Beef Wellington to the ground
    Mint £869, Virgin £1,403, Create £1,675, More Than £1,533, Capital One £1,290, Mint Loan £10,316, Tesco Loan £3,529, Barclayloan £3,187, GE Capital £150, Barclaycard £190

Currently on track to be debt free in March 2009! (Not taking into account the £2000+ in charges I'm claiming back...;))
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    When I was a kid, my mum used to go to the local butchers and buy beef wellington (was cheap back then) Today I happened to notice a couple reduced at Tesco and yet they were still £10 odd :eek:

Can I make beef wellington easy enough? if so does anyone know how?
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    There is a Gorden Ramsay recipe HERE
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    I've never made it but OH has............(he's out at the minute) but as far as I can remember you need to seal the beef -I take it that means frying it quickly - season it, wrap it in puff pastry and cook in a very hot oven.
    Oh ......I think it has to be stuffed with something.........can't remember what.............oh lor...............I'm not much help am I:confused:
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    There are individual ones made with steaks. Beef Wellington parcels with red wine jus by Ainsley Harriott.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family