What's the BEST thing to happen to you today????

Ok, I'm tired of all this doom and gloom recently that seems to bombarding us from all angles and I believe it's time to start concentrating on all the good, important, HAPPY, kind, thoughtful, wonderful things that happen to us on a daily basis, no matter how small-hopefully this will rainse the spirits of all of us DFW's!:j

Today, as most of you know, I recieved a whole load of girls clothes for my DD from a fellow DFW-and she wouldnt even accept money for the postage.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
Empty pockets never held anyone back, only empty heads and empty hearts can do that -Peale

Comments

• I won't give the rude answer ;)

Actually, today I felt the black cloud which as been hovering for the past two weeks lift.
    :p I'm the only gay in this forum :p
    *Everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads*
  • tigzem
    tigzem Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    My little girl who is 3 end of August coming up to me and telling me she loves me.....awwww
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
  • My runner beans were 7" this morning and have grown another 1/2 an inch..impressive.
    Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?
    Still lurking around with a hope of some salvation:cool:
  • Bunnyinthelights
    Bunnyinthelights Posts: 15,278 Forumite
    My DS told me the other day (bearing in mind he is 3) that I had 'lucious boobies' LOL!
    Empty pockets never held anyone back, only empty heads and empty hearts can do that -Peale
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    Today, I work my penultimate Saturday at work :j :j :T :T

(Does that count?)
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    After wandering around a busy city centre trying to find bridesmaid shoes for my DD's and refusing to pay £38 for a pair of shoes they will only wear once, we popped into a cheapy shoe shop for some flip flops and there, right on the display at the back of the shop, the perfect colour, soft ballet pumps for £6.99 a pair! That almost made my day.....

But then we went strawberry picking and sat in the grounds of a local abbey whilst watching DD's pond dipping and running around like loons...the sun was trying to shine, the strawberries were sooo sweet and the grass had just been cut.....The simple things in life are so much more pleasureable. :D
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    All the support from here.
  • LouiseJ
    LouiseJ Posts: 11,156 Forumite
    My 15 year old Son has just come up to me and gave me a hug.........without me having to ask for one:D
    But these things take time, I know that I'm, the most inept that ever stepped.
  • :D nice thread! Mine was finding 10 quid in the back pocket of a pair of jeans I stopped wearing 5 years ago!
  • Bunnyinthelights
    Bunnyinthelights Posts: 15,278 Forumite
    This is making me feel so much happier!
    Thank you all!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure